Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Useless Thread

Started by ThatLeafsFan, July 18, 2011, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustaheims

Root of Evil took me down a path I was not expecting. Good mini-series type podcast.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Bullfrog

Quote from: herman on May 18, 2022, 09:54:02 AM
Movies/Films: The Empire Podcast, The Ringerverse
Hockey: why would you bother, but the Hockey PDOcast is soothing and smart
British Comedy/Science: The Infinite Monkey Cage

That's a good one. If you like that, you'll probably like Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe.

herman

#BeBlessed

Nik

Considering what his businesses do and everything this guy basically just had to do nothing in public and would be much admired and fantastically wealthy. Instead of that, though, he seems to have made it his 24/7 job to be as unlikeable as possible.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

herman

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton

I think it's more like, power enables you to be your true self without much consequence; the people who tend to accumulate this much power already are, and continue to be molded into sociopaths.
#BeBlessed

herman

#BeBlessed

L K

A good reminder that Elon really is a good person.  If you aren't praising him 100% of the time he is often prone to stupid fits and tantrums.

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

#BeBlessed

Bender

Quote from: herman on May 27, 2022, 09:07:33 AM
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/26/twitter-shareholders-sue-elon-musk-and-twitter-over-chaotic-deal.html

Everything he touches turns into acrimonious divorce
It's a complete shit show. Trump used to do this all the time in terms of manipulating stock prices by making unfounded disparaging comments. It's shocking that the SEC allows this kind of behaviour.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

Quote from: Bender on May 27, 2022, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: herman on May 27, 2022, 09:07:33 AM
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/26/twitter-shareholders-sue-elon-musk-and-twitter-over-chaotic-deal.html

Everything he touches turns into acrimonious divorce
It's a complete shit show. Trump used to do this all the time in terms of manipulating stock prices by making unfounded disparaging comments. It's shocking that the SEC allows this kind of behaviour.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1529572144371449858
#BeBlessed

Heroic Shrimp

Supersize my Freedom Fries