Other Hockey News & Views > NHL Transactions

Gill traded to Nashville

<< < (2/3) > >>

WhatIfGodWasALeaf:

--- Quote from: Saint Nik on February 17, 2012, 02:55:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: WhatIfGodWasALeaf on February 17, 2012, 02:36:23 PM ---I dunno, he is 24 and has yet to make an impact as a pro, he has upside and it does take longer for big guys to develop sometimes, but he is a big question mark.  I thought a playoff bund team might pony up more for Gill and a 5th.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it. The Leafs got a second for Hal Gill, what, 4 years ago? I think that's about as much as he goes for.

--- End quote ---
Wasn't that before he showed up as a decent playoff performer though?

I take your point though.

RedLeaf:
I guess Nashville intents on trading Suter after all? I would love to see him as a Leaf.

Sarge:

--- Quote from: RedLeaf on February 17, 2012, 03:16:45 PM ---I guess Nashville intents on trading Suter after all? I would love to see him as a Leaf.

--- End quote ---

I don't know about that. I think it's a similar situation with Grabovski in that you may just decide to hang on to him for your playoff run regardless if you can sign him prior to the trade deadline or not.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Sarge on February 17, 2012, 03:20:08 PM ---I don't know about that. I think it's a similar situation with Grabovski in that you may just decide to hang on to him for your playoff run regardless if you can sign him prior to the trade deadline or not.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm inclined to lean that way too. If the Preds deal Suter I think it makes it that much harder for them to convince Weber that they're serious about winning and Weber is probably as good as gone next summer at which point the Preds are really back at square one.

13:
Having been born in Montreal I always thunked the Grandson of Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion was destined for Montreal. Greatness? Doubt it, but, that'd be a pretty cool storyline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version