It's FREE to join and post in our forums.  Click to join now!

Dennis Hildeby signed to 3 year ELC.

Started by Guilt Trip, July 13, 2022, 10:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Joe

I love the knee jerk reaction comments to this signing on Twitter. It's no wonder people think Leafs fans are idiots, a lot of us actually are.

They remind me of the jays fans who do trade proposals with draft picks.

Can8899

Can he play in North America next year?  I thought I read somewhere that he's still under contract in Sweden for next season and was locked in there. 

Curious if he can come play in the AHL should that be the plan.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Iafrate on July 13, 2022, 10:26:42 AM
I love the knee jerk reaction comments to this signing on Twitter. It's no wonder people think Leafs fans are idiots, a lot of us actually are.

They remind me of the jays fans who do trade proposals with draft picks.

ANNOUNCE STROME

Guilt Trip

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 13, 2022, 10:34:43 AM
Quote from: Iafrate on July 13, 2022, 10:26:42 AM
I love the knee jerk reaction comments to this signing on Twitter. It's no wonder people think Leafs fans are idiots, a lot of us actually are.

They remind me of the jays fans who do trade proposals with draft picks.

ANNOUNCE STROME
Haha

Joe

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 13, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

ANNOUNCE STROME

Word on the street is Tony Amonte is signing with the leafs. CONFIRMED

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Can8899 on July 13, 2022, 10:33:00 AM
Can he play in North America next year?  I thought I read somewhere that he's still under contract in Sweden for next season and was locked in there. 

Curious if he can come play in the AHL should that be the plan.

He reportedly has a 2-year deal over in Sweden. Considering he's only played 7 games in the highest league there I think staying for at least another year and hopefully getting a good amount of starts in the SHL would still be very beneficial to his career.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Iafrate on July 13, 2022, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 13, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

ANNOUNCE STROME

Word on the street is Tony Amonte is signing with the leafs. CONFIRMED

Those were the days man...

bustaheims

Quote from: Iafrate on July 13, 2022, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 13, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

ANNOUNCE STROME

Word on the street is Tony Amonte is signing with the leafs. CONFIRMED

There's a Sergei Gonchar page on mapleleafs.com! Gonchar to the Leafs CONFIRMED!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

herman

Not sure why this couldn't wait a few days. 42/50 SPCs, and Hildeby doesn't slide.

I take it we have some trade irons in the fire.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Heroic Shrimp

If you'd asked me 2 weeks ago to guess whether Dennis Hildeby was a Swedish goaltender or a noble gentleman in a Dickens novel, well, I would have guessed poorly.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Joe

Quote from: bustaheims on July 13, 2022, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Iafrate on July 13, 2022, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 13, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

ANNOUNCE STROME

Word on the street is Tony Amonte is signing with the leafs. CONFIRMED

Ha! We were all so excited.

There's a Sergei Gonchar page on mapleleafs.com! Gonchar to the Leafs CONFIRMED!

Andy

Quote from: Heroic Shrimp on July 13, 2022, 10:53:28 AM
If you'd asked me 2 weeks ago to guess whether Dennis Hildeby was a Swedish goaltender or a noble gentleman in a Dickens novel, well, I would have guessed poorly.

I'm still pretty sure that there must be a Dennis Hildeby as a cousin or orphan or pickpocket or shoe cobbler in 'Nicholas Nickleby'

L K

Quote from: Iafrate on July 13, 2022, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 13, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

ANNOUNCE STROME

Word on the street is Tony Amonte is signing with the leafs. CONFIRMED

I hope we also sign Bobby Holik.