Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Armchair GM Thread 2022-2023

Started by CarltonTheBear, May 16, 2022, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Significantly Insignificant

"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

CarltonTheBear

They have Kuemper, just can't say it yet cause of those pesky tampering rules.

herman

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/1546625742066569216
He also had a pretty solid eye injury, which feels like an important thing for goalies to have sorted.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

lamajama

This constant update about Murray is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

There is a lot I have disagreed with over the years with the Leafs but man, I don't remember ever thinking that an idea like this was THIS bad.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

CarltonTheBear

Some guys who didn't get qualifiying offers I'd have interest in:

**Dylan Strome**
Dominik Kubalik
Ilya Samsonov
Sonny Milano
Sam Steel
Danton Heinen
Jonathan Dahlen

Bender

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 11, 2022, 07:14:03 PM
Some guys who didn't get qualifiying offers I'd have interest in:

**Dylan Strome**
Dominik Kubalik
Ilya Samsonov
Sonny Milano
Sam Steel
Danton Heinen
Jonathan Dahlen
I'd take all those guys if I could. Why the heck not?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

CarltonTheBear

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-market-buzz-latest-on-flyers-senators-whats-next-for-malkin/

Quote• Toronto will look for another goalie and try to sign Rasmus Sandin with their remaining cap room. One team indicated that even 1B or No. 2 goalies could still do very well in this market, so it won't be as easy as it sounds. One potential depth target for the Maple Leafs: forechecker extraordinaire Zach Aston-Reese. They could also bring back Denis Malgin from Switzerland.

bustaheims

There are quite a few good 4th line types out there, so, I'm confident the Leafs will be able to add help there. Not sure what they'll be able to do elsewhere, but we knew going into the summer that significant additions would be difficult.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

princedpw

I am wondering what is going to happen on defense.

Is there any chance Muzzin could try playing on the right side?  Sandin-Muzzin?  I felt a Sandin was a disaster on the right defensively.  Perhaps Muzzin could handle it better?  Though suggestions like this never happen...

It seems like there are a lot of question marks in a lot of places on this team.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: princedpw on July 12, 2022, 10:57:40 AM

Is there any chance Muzzin could try playing on the right side?  Sandin-Muzzin?  I felt a Sandin was a disaster on the right defensively.  Perhaps Muzzin could handle it better?  Though suggestions like this never happen...

It seems like there are a lot of question marks in a lot of places on this team.
To be fair I think Sandin
played 1 or 2 games on the right side. I think he could adapt more then Muzz.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: princedpw on July 12, 2022, 10:57:40 AM

I think being an above average skater is a pretty big requirement for a defenceman playing his off side (like Brodie). I've always felt that Rielly played well on the right, and when Muzzin was first acquired those two actually put up really good results as a pair with Rielly on the right. I wish the Leafs seemed a little more interested in trying him there again. Could do:

Muzzin-Rielly
Giordano-Brodie
Sandin-Liljegren

Or mix up the two bottom pairs to have a vet with a kid.

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 12, 2022, 11:15:21 AM
I think being an above average skater is a pretty big requirement for a defenceman playing his off side (like Brodie). I've always felt that Rielly played well on the right, and when Muzzin was first acquired those two actually put up really good results as a pair with Rielly on the right. I wish the Leafs seemed a little more interested in trying him there again. Could do:

Muzzin-Rielly
Giordano-Brodie
Sandin-Liljegren

Or mix up the two bottom pairs to have a vet with a kid.

Yeah. I think you swap Brodie and Liljegren for most shifts - I feel like they'll be able to spread the minutes out better that way.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan