Author Topic: Blackhawks refused to report alleged sex abuse of players to police: source  (Read 4060 times)

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
William Nylander Appreciation Account
#BeBlessed

TMLfans.ca

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
I honestly don’t know why this isn’t getting more traction as a huge story.  This potentially involves some pretty fricking huge names in hockey….three current GMs, Joel Quenneville among others who have no excuse not to have known about this and done nothing

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
I honestly don’t know why this isn’t getting more traction as a huge story.  This potentially involves some pretty fricking huge names in hockey….three current GMs, Joel Quenneville among others who have no excuse not to have known about this and done nothing

The alleged sexual assault of two former Chicago Blackhawks players was “an open secret” among staff both within and outside the team’s hockey department, a former team marketing official said in an interview with TSN.

The official said he was told by Blackhawks assistant trainer Jeff Thomas during the summer of 2010 that then-team video coach Brad Aldrich had allegedly sexually assaulted two players. The official asked for anonymity because he still works in the pro hockey industry and fears repercussions from the National Hockey League.

That sort of says it all... and this with players as the victims, i.e. a position of relative power within the hockey ecosystem. Consider all the other people in an organization/venue who might cross paths who the hockey media would care even less about.
#BeBlessed

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
“Every guy on the team knew about it,” one player on the 2010 team told The Athletic. “Every single guy on the team knew.”

[...]

The former player who spoke with The Athletic, who was not one of the two players who disclosed Aldrich’s alleged assault to Vincent, said he recently Googled the official team photo from the morning of the parade, and sure enough, Aldrich is in it.

“That doesn’t bother me, that they let him take pictures with the Cup,” the 2010 Blackhawks player said. “What bothers me is they fired him, but they didn’t take it to the cops. … They let him get a job with a U-18 team. They let him go work with minors. They let this happen.”
#BeBlessed

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Westhead casting some very overt side-eye to his colleagues.
#BeBlessed

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Original breaking story
#BeBlessed

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
#BeBlessed

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Yeeeeeeeeesssh
#BeBlessed

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Yeah, that last one really paints what could have been the right move in a less positive light. Maybe don't hire the firm who defended the perpetrators in one of the worst sexual assault cases in U.S. history to investigate your own internal sexual assault allegations.

Investigation? Good! Definitely needed (even if it's coming years later than it should have). The investigators? Surely, you could have found someone with less of a stink on them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:23:03 AM by bustaheims »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
This is technically a clarification that it was the law firm that handled the bankruptcy claim filed as a result of a system-condoned sex assault scandal, not that they defended Nassar. This is still absolutely stepping on a rake, PR-wise. Just firing it straight into their own net, top cheddar.
#BeBlessed

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile

I don't know that who they hired matters much. Just about anyone they hire would be a big corporate law firm who will only dig as deep as the Blackhawks ultimately want them to and I don't think any of us expect any sort of actual accountability here.

I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
#BeBlessed

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
#BeBlessed

Offline CarltonTheBear