Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Round 3: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Islanders

<< < (3/6) > >>

Bill_Berg_is_sad:
It's a sad state when teams win by doing things that are clearly against the rules and the league encourages it. The fact that people are getting hurt as a result is really testing my resolve to watch games.

Who cares how many Marners a team has when really what they need is more Martins.

Significantly Insignificant:
It'll blow up in the leagues face when the Islanders meet the Habs in the finals and they won't have enough players to finish a 7 game series.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: L K on June 24, 2021, 08:37:00 AM ---The NHL is the only frigging league that cares more about garbage players than it’s stars.

--- End quote ---

Also the only league where enforcement of the rules changes so drastically once the playoffs start. It feels like a completely different set of rules once the playoffs get going. It's absurd.

Significantly Insignificant:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on June 24, 2021, 09:45:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: L K on June 24, 2021, 08:37:00 AM ---The NHL is the only frigging league that cares more about garbage players than it’s stars.

--- End quote ---

Also the only league where enforcement of the rules changes so drastically once the playoffs start. It feels like a completely different set of rules once the playoffs get going. It's absurd.

--- End quote ---

Basketball also gets a little dicey in the playoffs.  Probably not to the extent of the NHL, but they do start letting more stuff go in the NBA playoffs.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Significantly Insignificant on June 24, 2021, 10:13:05 AM ---Basketball also gets a little dicey in the playoffs.  Probably not to the extent of the NHL, but they do start letting more stuff go in the NBA playoffs.

--- End quote ---

Standards change in all leagues. It's more that it's drastic in the NHL than in others, whereas, in the other leagues, it's more around the edges. I don't follow the NBA, so I can't really speak to it, but I get the impression that it's mostly the borderline stuff that starts to go uncalled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version