Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Federal Election 2019

<< < (50/51) > >>

Nik:
“How much of a threat, if any, do you think climate change poses for planet Earth?”

🇨🇦
75% Serious / very serious threat
22% Minor threat / Not a threat

[Angus Read, November 3-7, 2021, n=1,611]#canpoli pic.twitter.com/SFZKYEumm3— Philippe J. Fournier (@338Canada) November 9, 2021
--- End quote ---

This poll probably has a ton to do with how the election played out. Going to be very tricky for the CPC to win over people if they have to "balance" the issue to satisfy their base.

Bullfrog:
That's very telling, though not surprising.

As an aside: what a terrible question. I am very concerned about climate change and its global effects.

Does it pose a threat to planet Earth? Not at all. The Earth will be fine. Its inhabitants, including all the innocent animals? That's a different story.

Bender:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on November 09, 2021, 10:30:39 PM ---That's very telling, though not surprising.

As an aside: what a terrible question. I am very concerned about climate change and its global effects.

Does it pose a threat to planet Earth? Not at all. The Earth will be fine. Its inhabitants, including all the innocent animals? That's a different story.

--- End quote ---
I think people generally understand the context of the question and that it's about current balances of the Earth. No one is saying "Well, it's not that big of a problem because the Sun eventually going Supernova is going to kill us all anyways so climate change is a much smaller deal."

Bullfrog:
I understand, and I don't mean to derail the general point. But as someone who's worked with expert consultants on survey and poll construction, it truly is a very poorly constructed question.

People like me, with OCPD, get very side-tracked by such bad questions. So, it's probably just a personal thing.

Carry on.  8)

Nik:

Also worth mentioning that the same poll found climate change to be the #1 issue of importance across every age group.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version