Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Federal Election 2019

<< < (49/51) > >>

L K:

--- Quote from: Frank E on October 07, 2021, 11:33:43 AM ---https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/catholic-residential-school-wilson-raybould-1.6202141

hmmm....

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"… You are viewing it with the benefit and lens of hindsight where it looks bigger now six years later because of what we know now than it may have looked at the time in the context of a myriad of other matters and issues swirling around, especially in the hectic period of on-boarding a new government," Wernick wrote.
--- End quote ---

I mean in fairness prior to the uncovering/digging up of the mass graves I absolutely just assumed the First Nations kids from residential schools all just went to a happy farm to live out their days.  What kind of bull#$#% nonsense statement is that.

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: L K on October 07, 2021, 12:08:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Frank E on October 07, 2021, 11:33:43 AM ---https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/catholic-residential-school-wilson-raybould-1.6202141

hmmm....

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"… You are viewing it with the benefit and lens of hindsight where it looks bigger now six years later because of what we know now than it may have looked at the time in the context of a myriad of other matters and issues swirling around, especially in the hectic period of on-boarding a new government," Wernick wrote.
--- End quote ---

I mean in fairness prior to the uncovering/digging up of the mass graves I absolutely just assumed the First Nations kids from residential schools all just went to a happy farm to live out their days.  What kind of bull#$#% nonsense statement is that.

--- End quote ---

That reads "we thought we'd still be able to cover everything up with money as we've been trying to do for the past 100 years regarding indigneous matters. Who would have known that it would have blown up in our face and we would have been exposed for the true monsters we were".

Residential school survivors knew what kind of monsters the church and government were. The Church and government knew it. Joe Public didn't and that's who they wanted to keep the information away from. So, with that said, is the government any less of a monster now than they were when they were promoting the residential school system?

L K:

--- Quote from: OldTimeHockey on October 07, 2021, 01:07:08 PM ---

hmmm....

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That reads "we thought we'd still be able to cover everything up with money as we've been trying to do for the past 100 years regarding indigneous matters. Who would have known that it would have blown up in our face and we would have been exposed for the true monsters we were".

Residential school survivors knew what kind of monsters the church and government were. The Church and government knew it. Joe Public didn't and that's who they wanted to keep the information away from. So, with that said, is the government any less of a monster now than they were when they were promoting the residential school system?

--- End quote ---

Honestly, yes.

The initial act is the atrocity but every second that they send denying or covering it up after the fact should add on top of the initial heinous acts.

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: L K on October 07, 2021, 01:30:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: OldTimeHockey on October 07, 2021, 01:07:08 PM ---

hmmm....

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Honestly, yes.

The initial act is the atrocity but every second that they send denying or covering it up after the fact should add on top of the initial heinous acts.

--- End quote ---

I agree 100%. They wouldn't

herman:
Premier Ford says he's looking for "hard working" immigrants to help fill the labour gap.

"You come here like every other new Canadian, you work your tail off. If you think you're coming to collect the dough and sit around, not going to  happen. Go somewhere else."#onpoli— Colin D'Mello CTVNews (@ColinDMello) October 18, 2021
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version