Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

2019-2020 Toronto Raptors Thread: “Hail to the Champions! In Masai We Believe”

<< < (26/26)

Heroic Shrimp:
Today was a dream.
In the greatest building basketball has, the name Superfan Nav Bhatia will be immortalized.There is now a turban and the first fan honoured within Naismith Basketball Hall Of Fame. I am overcome with emotions today.
📸 @ADBPhotoInc pic.twitter.com/TFe7cpwDAK— Nav Bhatia Superfan (@superfan_nav) May 17, 2021
--- End quote ---

What a nice surprise!

L K:
He's done a lot as an ambassador to the team but at the same time I'm not sure that I really want to see fans in the Hall of Fame.   It's basically just going to be an award for people who have the money to do big gestures and I think that's fine for teams to celebrate but I'm not sure that the Hall of Fame needs to be doing this.

Heroic Shrimp:

--- Quote from: L K on May 17, 2021, 09:40:47 AM ---He's done a lot as an ambassador to the team but at the same time I'm not sure that I really want to see fans in the Hall of Fame.   It's basically just going to be an award for people who have the money to do big gestures and I think that's fine for teams to celebrate but I'm not sure that the Hall of Fame needs to be doing this.

--- End quote ---
I'll put you down as a 'nay' on the Steve Dangle wing of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Nik:

--- Quote from: L K on May 17, 2021, 09:40:47 AM ---He's done a lot as an ambassador to the team but at the same time I'm not sure that I really want to see fans in the Hall of Fame.   It's basically just going to be an award for people who have the money to do big gestures and I think that's fine for teams to celebrate but I'm not sure that the Hall of Fame needs to be doing this.

--- End quote ---

For what it's worth I don't think he's really a member of the Hall of Fame. I know news stories are using the word "inducted" but he wasn't announced as a member of the HOF class and I think it's more just an exhibit in the museum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version