Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Remembering Sakura

<< < (12/13) > >>

AlmosGirl:
Wow, coming up on 8 years. :'( She came to my mind this morning and thinking of her all day. Sigh.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: AlmosGirl on June 28, 2019, 02:30:06 PM ---Wow, coming up on 8 years. :'( She came to my mind this morning and thinking of her all day. Sigh.

--- End quote ---
Not trying to be the correct police but I think it's 14 years. :'(  Either way, it's still really sad. I didn't know her personally but had a few discussions with her and she was always very pleasant.

seahawk:
Has anyone been to the park where her tree is located lately? Would be nice to see an update.

Highlander:
I have been reading these posts and its very touching. I came to this site long after she was gone, so I have no knowledge of her. Can I ask what happened to her, as I read her tragic passing?  Seems like a  lovely soul and even I would like to see the new tree photo, I saw the last one posted and it is a very beautiful tribute to her.

Heroic Shrimp:

--- Quote from: Highlander on June 08, 2020, 12:29:57 PM ---I have been reading these posts and its very touching. I came to this site long after she was gone, so I have no knowledge of her. Can I ask what happened to her, as I read her tragic passing?  Seems like a  lovely soul and even I would like to see the new tree photo, I saw the last one posted and it is a very beautiful tribute to her.

--- End quote ---

As I'm sure you've read and learned, Sakura (m-gro) was a long-time beloved poster here.  She was just a really kind, really thoughtful, really smart person.  She was just the most genuinely good person you might ever hope to meet, and her passing was such a truly tragic loss.  I'm glad you've come to know her in this small way though the forum.

With regards to her passing, to be honest, I don't think that any of us ever heard a lot of detail.  She had just moved to Ohio in accepting a position at Oberlin College.  She had been there I think only a few days when she passed.  All I've ever know was that it was a car accident, but I've never known any other details, whether she was driver or passenger, or maybe she was hit as a pedestrian.  It was all so sudden, and not knowing what happened made it even more incomprehensible than it was.  It was just so sad and so shocking.  It still is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version