Maple Leafs News and Views > Former Leafs: Ex-Files

Zach Hyman

<< < (3/3)

Iafrate:

--- Quote from: RedLeaf on October 22, 2021, 08:47:39 AM ---My severe doubts about the plan to rid ourselves of Hyman has already  started to rear it’s ugly head. Not only do the Oilers look much better with his presence and drive on their team , ours has looked worse without.  :-X :'(

--- End quote ---

What are you talking about? Plan to rid ourselves of hyman?

And besides that, even if the leafs had the cap space, 5mil+ for 7 years or hyman is nuts. All the power to him but that’s not a contract I’d want to be saddled with.

azzurri63:

--- Quote from: Nik on October 22, 2021, 09:48:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Frank E on October 22, 2021, 09:45:17 AM ---The guy he played with last year is no slouch either...

--- End quote ---

I love me some AM34 but the gap between McDavid and the #2 player in the league, whoever that is, right now is probably bigger than the 1-2 gap in any other sport and by a fair margin.

--- End quote ---

Going to have to agree with Nik. Also AM is mostly a shooter. Doesn't get anywhere near the assists McDavid does and just not in the same class. I didn't like seeing Hyman go but I wouldn't pay him what he got. Good player, good work ethics but in my opinion stone hands who scores a lot of empty net goals which will probably decline because Oliers send McDavid out in those situations to boost stats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version