Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

The Official TV Thread

Started by TheMightyOdin, July 12, 2011, 05:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Bill_Berg_is_sad

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised this sort of thing still happens, but I am.

Nik


I thought the first episode of the new Game of Thrones show was interesting. The first episode of the original show, I think, quite rightly figured that most people who watched the show weren't going to come in being particularly invested in the world they were showing so they started you off quick with big things. Ice Monsters and spooky child ghosts in the first scene! Implied murder and conspiracy! Impending war! Incest! Attempted murder of a kid!

This new one, I think, seems to assume going in you're going to come in with a vested interest in the political goings on of a fictional kingdom because you really care about the universe. So it's just about which member of a family happens to be next in the line of succession. Are any of them interesting? Eh. But they certainly are there!

I've read the book the series is based on unlike with the first show so I know that some wild stuff will eventually happen(albeit, not much in the way of zombies, giants and magic tree people) but they sure seemed to feel the need to win people over quickly less.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Bender

Quote from: Nik on August 22, 2022, 10:53:38 AM

I thought the first episode of the new Game of Thrones show was interesting. The first episode of the original show, I think, quite rightly figured that most people who watched the show weren't going to come in being particularly invested in the world they were showing so they started you off quick with big things. Ice Monsters and spooky child ghosts in the first scene! Implied murder and conspiracy! Impending war! Incest! Attempted murder of a kid!

This new one, I think, seems to assume going in you're going to come in with a vested interest in the political goings on of a fictional kingdom because you really care about the universe. So it's just about which member of a family happens to be next in the line of succession. Are any of them interesting? Eh. But they certainly are there!

I've read the book the series is based on unlike with the first show so I know that some wild stuff will eventually happen(albeit, not much in the way of zombies, giants and magic tree people) but they sure seemed to feel the need to win people over quickly less.
After the bad taste GoT left in my mouth I basically never want to return to that universe ever again.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Peter D.

I thought it was a joke LaFlamme was fired primarily because she let her hair go grey.

What a bizarre situation still a couple weeks later. She's still young, is attractive, she rocks the grey, very eloquent and well spoken. She was perfect for the position and for years to come.

Evidently they are feeling the effects of her unnecessary dismissal.  Then again it's Bell, who is so tone deaf.

Bender

Quote from: Peter D. on August 26, 2022, 10:13:18 PM
I thought it was a joke LaFlamme was fired primarily because she let her hair go grey.

What a bizarre situation still a couple weeks later. She's still young, is attractive, she rocks the grey, very eloquent and well spoken. She was perfect for the position and for years to come.

Evidently they are feeling the effects of her unnecessary dismissal.  Then again it's Bell, who is so tone deaf.
As someone who worked at Bell for a hot second, they've always been jerk idiots.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Heroic Shrimp

Supersize my Freedom Fries

Bender

So... Is it any good?

I need a new show... Anyone have any suggestions? I've exhausted my immediate options and I find going through reviews and sifting through everything way too arduous. Just finished Better Call Saul and I think it just set a high water mark for me.

Not really a huge fan of straight action or Uber sci-fi.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Joe

I just finished the offer it's a fun show. A bit hammy at times but I really enjoyed it.

Same thing with inventing anna. It's a bit cheesy but honestly enjoyed watching it.

Bender

Quote from: Joe on September 05, 2022, 11:48:42 AM
I just finished the offer it's a fun show. A bit hammy at times but I really enjoyed it.

Same thing with inventing anna. It's a bit cheesy but honestly enjoyed watching it.
Inventing Anna was good but infuriating at the same time

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

OldTimeHockey

The Bear is next on my list of shows. Supposed to be a good one.

LittleHockeyFan

Only Murders in the Building.
OMG, Steve Martin and Martin Short are amazing and hilarious.....and the lineup of guest stars is just  eye popping.
and there's also Selena Gomez for the younger crowd.