Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Useless Thread

<< < (458/487) > >>

Bender:

--- Quote from: Nik on January 31, 2022, 10:35:16 PM ---
Well, it looks like our own Conservative party is going to tear into each other for a while now. Because of Covid policy? No. Because of broader economic policy? No. How about just because of losing the last election? No, apparently the knives are out because Erin O'Toole was too against conversion therapy for LGBT youth.

Way to pick your battles guys. We'll have a Liberal government until the heat death of the universe.

--- End quote ---
Unless enough people plug their nose and not really care about the move to the right because they're tired of JT. I hope I'm wrong though, not because I like Trudeau, but because I don't like the idea of backward social progress.

OldTimeHockey:

Well, it looks like our own Conservative party is going to tear into each other for a while now. Because of Covid policy? No. Because of broader economic policy? No. How about just because of losing the last election? No, apparently the knives are out because Erin O'Toole was too against conversion therapy for LGBT youth.

Way to pick your battles guys. We'll have a Liberal government until the heat death of the universe.

--- End quote ---

Man, as a conservative voter, they sure make it hard to cheer for them.

Fack.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Bender on January 31, 2022, 11:01:25 PM ---Unless enough people plug their nose and not really care about the move to the right because they're tired of JT. I hope I'm wrong though, not because I like Trudeau, but because I don't like the idea of backward social progress.

--- End quote ---

At this point, I suspect we'll see a lot more of the opposite - people holding their nose and voting Liberal because the CPC have moved too far away from their values or a lot of voters just staying home on election day. There's a clear path to victory for whichever party decides to court the more moderate voters, but all of the parties seem to be moving further and further away from the middle.

Bullfrog:

--- Quote from: OldTimeHockey on February 01, 2022, 02:09:31 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Fack.

--- End quote ---

I could get behind Michael Chong.

Dappleganger:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on February 01, 2022, 10:05:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: OldTimeHockey on February 01, 2022, 02:09:31 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Fack.

--- End quote ---

I could get behind Michael Chong.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this. Michael Chong would be a great choice for the Conservatives.

He was one of the first (if not the first) Canadian politicians calling out the treatment of Uyghurs in North West China. I think he's usually on the "correct" side of things. (From my perspective obviously. Traditionally a lefty kinda guy, Bernie supporter, etc)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version