Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

2021-2022 Official Toronto Raptors Thread

<< < (2/12) > >>

L K:

--- Quote from: Nik on October 20, 2021, 10:09:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: L K on October 20, 2021, 09:41:33 PM ---In fairness to Barnes he has had three fouls called on him that have been the Wizards player jumping into him which isn’t supposed to be a defensive foul anymore.  The officiating has been pretty bad against a team that is doing more than it’s share of beating themselves by not being able to shoot

--- End quote ---

That's not really Barnes specific. Barnes would have been an interesting pick if the team didn't have OG and Pascal and Boucher and Precious and so forth.

--- End quote ---

I think I was right there with you about Suggs.   The Raptors are too much of the same.  They are only going to be dangerous if they play all aggressive basketball and that's not a winning style of basketball because it is too draining.

Nik:

--- Quote from: L K on October 20, 2021, 10:24:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nik on October 20, 2021, 10:09:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: L K on October 20, 2021, 09:41:33 PM ---In fairness to Barnes he has had three fouls called on him that have been the Wizards player jumping into him which isn’t supposed to be a defensive foul anymore.  The officiating has been pretty bad against a team that is doing more than it’s share of beating themselves by not being able to shoot

--- End quote ---

That's not really Barnes specific. Barnes would have been an interesting pick if the team didn't have OG and Pascal and Boucher and Precious and so forth.

--- End quote ---

I think I was right there with you about Suggs.   The Raptors are too much of the same.  They are only going to be dangerous if they play all aggressive basketball and that's not a winning style of basketball because it is too draining.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it just feels like there's a serious lack of guys who are good basketball players on this team. The Suggs/Barnes thing exacerbated that but that's sort of been growing a while. Not having Kyle around is just flashing that in big neon lights. Even if OG/Siakam/Barnes become really good spot up shooters, who gets them the ball? Who draws in their defenders on penetration?

It's one game I know so I shouldn't over react but when you've been thinking something all summer and then see it play out just as you thought, it's hard not to.

L K:
Looks like the Suns are about to get a new owner.

L K:
Barnes with a really solid second game.  25/13/1

Nik:

Yup. I'm happy to have him make me look like a dope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version