Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Coronavirus

<< < (502/504) > >>

herman:

--- Quote from: Significantly Insignificant on April 12, 2022, 01:45:47 PM ---Yeah, I tested positive today.  Low energy, low appetite, runny nose, soar throat and loss of voice, slight cough.  My wife is starting to perk up.  She told me that I can't milk this though.

--- End quote ---

I hope you and the family get well soon, bud.

Highlander:

--- Quote from: herman on April 12, 2022, 02:18:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Significantly Insignificant on April 12, 2022, 01:45:47 PM ---Yeah, I tested positive today.  Low energy, low appetite, runny nose, soar throat and loss of voice, slight cough.  My wife is starting to perk up.  She told me that I can't milk this though.

--- End quote ---

I hope you and the family get well soon, bud.

--- End quote ---
Ya get well, the strange thing is as bad as we felt our appetite never waned at all. Not normal for flu like symptoms.

herman:
’The nation’s most distinguished super spreader event’. @Trevornoah at the #WHCD. pic.twitter.com/p1XOjGMbFV— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) May 1, 2022
--- End quote ---
In the days since WHCD weekend, reporters and staffers from CNN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, Politico, and other participating news orgs have tested positive for Covid. More in the @ReliableSources newsletter. https://t.co/Fg9FPbasc0— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) May 4, 2022
--- End quote ---

Nik:

COVID-19: Viral characteristics of BA.4/BA.5 & BA.2.12.1

The newest Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5 have been spreading around the world and now growing in Canada and the USA. 🧵1/— Dr. Jeff Gilchrist (@jeffgilchrist) June 13, 2022
--- End quote ---

I don't like posting things like this but the response to Covid this year seems to be "Let's hide under a pile of coats and hope it goes away".

herman:
I don't think there is even hiding, unless we're talking about hiding the research results.

No big orgs in the public sphere really willing to recognize the scope of the damage COVID does to a body, even without initial symptoms, and subsequently a healthcare infrastructure. Long COVID is lifechanging stuff, and not for the better. Most countries still seem to be in hand sanitizer and plexiglass mode.

Assessing COVID Risk – Part 1 – Getting Infected

Since we are in the "assess your own risk" phase of this pandemic, it would be helpful if public health officials would give a master class on assessing risk. Looks like academics and engineers need to do it instead.

1/13— Joey Fox, P. Eng, M.A.Sc (@joeyfox85) June 12, 2022
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version