Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official Movie Thread

<< < (257/261) > >>

Arn:
I worry that it’s getting too much. Having to watch 3 or 4 series of 6 episodes on top of all the movies in case you miss bits and pieces that impact the movie storyline is, I think, dangerous territory and one that I’m not sure they can get right.

I say that having watched most of it so far…

Eternals was dreadful and comfortably the worst thing they’ve produced yet.

Nik:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on January 26, 2022, 09:14:53 AM ---With the concepts and stories the MCU is now starting to introduce, this could develop into a real issue. They're getting into some of the more "out there" stuff that, not all that long ago, would have seemed too far from the mainline stories and characters to be massmarketed - magic, a wide pantheon of gods, the multiverse, the whole Secret Invasion series, etc. - and these definitely include some sillier characters in situations they're going to want to present in a more serious fashion. There will be a tricky balance of humour, spectacle, and drama for them to navigate. We've seen Marvel handle that with some success in the past (and they've done a really good job of it with their Disney+ series so far), so, hopefully, they can get back on track with the next few films. Going to interesting to see how a lot of it plays out.

--- End quote ---

I think what we're seeing is a result of where they were before Disney bought Fox and reacquired the rights to the Fantastic Four/Xmen and so on. They were running fairly low on bankable characters after having used what they did in the first Avengers movies and the TV shows on Netflix so they turned to some pretty dire IP's with some good results(Shang-Chi) and some bad.

I imagine that after this current crop we're going to see a hard right turn into X-Men and Fantastic Four stuff maybe culminating in a Secret Wars-ish mega movie.

Bullfrog:
I forgot how awful/awesome Highlander is.

herman:
OH DIP, that's a pretty big reveal in the Dr. Strange trailer

Highlander:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on February 13, 2022, 01:26:53 PM ---I forgot how awful/awesome Highlander is.

--- End quote ---
Thank you ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version