Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official Movie Thread

<< < (3/261) > >>

Sucker Punch:
Watching Winnie the Pooh, and getting increasingly confused and agitated.   How can they change the characters' voices?   They kept Pooh and Tigger, thank goodness, but all the others were off, radically in some cases.

My childhood needs to give Hollywood a stern talking to.

CaptainObvious:
If you go to see Harry Potter...watch it in 2D, not 3D or you may become disappointed.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: CaptainObvious on July 16, 2011, 10:32:12 AM ---If you go to see Harry Potter...watch it in 2D, not 3D or you may become disappointed.

--- End quote ---

I actially thought the 3D in this one was pretty impressive, especially for conversion job.

CaptainObvious:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 16, 2011, 10:37:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: CaptainObvious on July 16, 2011, 10:32:12 AM ---If you go to see Harry Potter...watch it in 2D, not 3D or you may become disappointed.

--- End quote ---

I actially thought the 3D in this one was pretty impressive, especially for conversion job.

--- End quote ---
The way you light for a movie versus how a movie is played are two different things. Warner Brothers came down to watch the movie before the release and they were sorely disappointed. 3D needs more light in general and wearing glasses cuts down the light even more. So, the projectionist has to increase the lighting to 115% to make up for the loss of light. They try to circumvent this by changing the screen itself to the silver background for more reflective  properties, but it's like shuffling chairs on the Titanic.
Having said that, like I said the movie is lit a certain way, from the Director of Photography and the long and short of it until you've seen the 2D you won't really know what you missed.
If you are happy with the movie  then that's good as you are the consumer and that's what matters.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: CaptainObvious on July 16, 2011, 11:06:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 16, 2011, 10:37:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
The way you light for a movie versus how a movie is played are two different things. Warner Brothers came down to watch the movie before the release and they were sorely disappointed. 3D needs more light in general and wearing glasses cuts down the light even more. So, the projectionist has to increase the lighting to 115% to make up for the loss of light. They try to circumvent this by changing the screen itself to the silver background for more reflective  properties, but it's like shuffling chairs on the Titanic.
Having said that, like I said the movie is lit a certain way, from the Director of Photography and the long and short of it until you've seen the 2D you won't really know what you missed.
If you are happy with the movie  then that's good as you are the consumer and that's what matters.

--- End quote ---

I suppose I should have mentioned that as a projectionist of the theatre I watched it in, I had a bit of a say in how bright the picture was ;)

edit: but even without that, as far as post-conversion 3D goes, this was one of the best I've seen. If not the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version