Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

The Official TV Thread

Started by TheMightyOdin, July 12, 2011, 05:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Significantly Insignificant

Quote from: bustaheims on July 14, 2022, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: L K on July 14, 2022, 04:13:12 PM
I'm really enjoying the 3rd season of The Orville.

I've enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. Has a strong TNG feel to it, but with a little more fun and, in some ways, realism (or, maybe just more reflective of the world today). When Seth McFarlane can't rely as heavily of referential humour, running gags, etc., he can actually create a quality product. You can tell he really admires the material he's spoofing/creating an homage of.

Do you wanna open this jar of pickles?
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

Groundskeeper Willie

Quote from: bustaheims on July 14, 2022, 04:41:48 PM

I've enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. Has a strong TNG feel to it, but with a little more fun and, in some ways, realism (or, maybe just more reflective of the world today). When Seth McFarlane can't rely as heavily of referential humour, running gags, etc., he can actually create a quality product. You can tell he really admires the material he's spoofing/creating an homage of.

I needed a new show to watch while exercising and decided to finally give this one a try after seeing you guys mention it. I enjoyed the first episode and it's perfect for what I was looking for, some lightweight entertainment that doesn't matter if I miss a word here or there.

Nik

I know his style of humour isn't going to be for everyone but Nathan Fielder's new show The Rehearsal might just be the weirdest thing I've seen. HBO giving him a bunch of money may just lead to one of the most memorable things on TV.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Stebro

I've just started to watch the X-files, my mom used to watch it when I was a teen, don't know if I should feel ashamed or not😏🙂

herman

Quote from: herman on June 06, 2022, 03:04:26 PM
I am enjoying The Boys - Season 3 so far

I enjoyed the season. It is very funny to me it took this long for the RWF crowd to realize who the bad guy was and that they were being satirized.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on July 19, 2022, 09:25:20 AM
I enjoyed the season. It is very funny to me it took this long for the RWF crowd to realize who the bad guy was and that they were being satirized.

That really blew my mind when it came out. It was obvious from episode 1!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

herman

Quote from: bustaheims on July 19, 2022, 09:46:28 AM

Even if they didn't get it off the hop, how did they not see it in Season 2's radicalization opener?
#BeBlessed #scumbag

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on July 19, 2022, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: bustaheims on July 19, 2022, 09:46:28 AM

Even if they didn't get it off the hop, how did they not see it in Season 2's radicalization opener?

Or how okay he was with dating a Nazi.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Andy

So Nathan Fielder (from the equally amazing show 'Nathan For You') has a new show on HBO called 'The Rehearsal'

They are two episodes in and already it is the most surreal, crazy, unbelievable and absolutely riveting piece of television I have ever seen. Highly recommended! 

LittleHockeyFan

I love it. Bought the first two season dvds (even though I don't have a working dvd player). I liked the first two seasons well enough, but season three has just been incredible. Except for the new character, can't stand her.
It does have a nice StarTrek type feel to it, but being a little less perfect and a little more relatable makes me like it even more.

Joe

The ILM doc on Disney+ is fantastic. Watch it if you can.

herman

Made For Love (on Prime) is a delightful dark comedy
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Peter D.

Lisa LaFlamme out at CTV News after 35 years after being let go.

What a scam Bell Let's Talk is.  Piece of shit company.

LittleHockeyFan

I'm completely disgusted. CTV News has always been our go to. Not any more. Shoddy, classless way to treat the woman who won Best Anchor more than once. When Lloyd Robertson finally retired, he was feted on camera for ages before he actually left. And Lisa has to say goodbye from her cottage via twitter.

What a $#!t operation Bell Media is.

Guilt Trip

LL deserved better then how she was treated.. Bell media sucks