Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (377/390) > >>

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: Bender on January 18, 2022, 07:15:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on January 18, 2022, 05:55:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on January 18, 2022, 11:45:04 AM ---After Life.

OMG. Ricky Gervais is a genius. We saw the first two seasons at my son's behest (he loves RG) and it was just captivating. The final season dropped Friday and we watched straight through and then watched all 18 episodes again. It's absolutely wonderful-an honest look at grief and going through the stages.

And the dog of course. The dog just makes it for us.

--- End quote ---
Gervais is a genius...I've never watched a show that made me laugh and cry so much in the same episode...Wait yes there was another series that did that ..Its called Derek and it was written by Gervais...it's also brilliant. Love his work.

--- End quote ---
I loved the Office and Extras but Season 1 of Afterlife just fell flat with me for whatever reason. My gf loves Derek though!

--- End quote ---

I found Afterlife to be much more similar to Gervais real persona. I really enjoyed the first two seasons!

Highlander:
Afterlife is very good, I didn't like Gervais before but he won me over.  Ozark has just released season 4, watched the first two episodes and love the show. 

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: Highlander on January 23, 2022, 12:45:15 PM ---Afterlife is very good, I didn't like Gervais before but he won me over.  Ozark has just released season 4, watched the first two episodes and love the show. 

--- End quote ---
Check out his other series  Derek and his love stand up Humanity...very good.

Nik:

I've always kind of been mixed on Gervais. In some ways he reminds me a bit of Bill Hicks. A brilliant guy at times but bizarrely interested in choosing really bad targets for a lot of his ire. I did like the first season of Afterlife but wasn't really in the mood for the second and third seasons during the pandemic. Maybe when I need the meditations on death and grief more.

Also, the Righteous Gemstones is great and people should watch it.

Highlander:
Started binge watching Afterlife again after watching season 3.  The final episode of season three is a 4 hanky episode.

All Creatures Great and Small is is another great series, very sweet.  Its been playing on PBS and CBC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version