Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (376/394) > >>

herman:
WoT seemed like it didn’t have enough time to unfold some stories. Too rushed on plot and not enough character building (hence, mostly unlikeable). Only likeable characters might have been Lan and Egwene who have a range of emotion and motivation beyond surly and bland.

Groundskeeper Willie:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on January 04, 2022, 08:51:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Groundskeeper Willie on January 04, 2022, 07:52:45 AM ---I'm a big fan of the books and am half way through the show. I've found it ok so far, they've definitely tried to make it more gritty than the source material. The biggest issue I've had though is that none of the characters seem very likable.

--- End quote ---

That's definitely an issue the show is going to have to deal with. All the main characters (outside of maybe Egwene) come across so gruff and unfriendly.

--- End quote ---
In the books Perrin is supposed to be like a friendly giant, Mat is like Merry and Pippin were at the beginning of LoTR and Rand is more of a friendly boy next door type. I don't know why they aged the characters up to 20, that didn't help at all.

I've only seen one episode with Thom and I'm hoping he's better than the others. He was one of the best characters in the books.

Sent from my Atom using Tapatalk

LittleHockeyFan:
After Life.

OMG. Ricky Gervais is a genius. We saw the first two seasons at my son's behest (he loves RG) and it was just captivating. The final season dropped Friday and we watched straight through and then watched all 18 episodes again. It's absolutely wonderful-an honest look at grief and going through the stages.

And the dog of course. The dog just makes it for us.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on January 18, 2022, 11:45:04 AM ---After Life.

OMG. Ricky Gervais is a genius. We saw the first two seasons at my son's behest (he loves RG) and it was just captivating. The final season dropped Friday and we watched straight through and then watched all 18 episodes again. It's absolutely wonderful-an honest look at grief and going through the stages.

--- End quote ---
Gervais is a genius...I've never watched a show that made me laugh and cry so much in the same episode...Wait yes there was another series that did that ..Its called Derek and it was written by Gervais...it's also brilliant. Love his work.

Bender:

--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on January 18, 2022, 05:55:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on January 18, 2022, 11:45:04 AM ---After Life.

--- End quote ---
Gervais is a genius...I've never watched a show that made me laugh and cry so much in the same episode...Wait yes there was another series that did that ..Its called Derek and it was written by Gervais...it's also brilliant. Love his work.

--- End quote ---
I loved the Office and Extras but Season 1 of Afterlife just fell flat with me for whatever reason. My gf loves Derek though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version