Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

NetFlix

Started by BMan, July 20, 2011, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyfan1

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 20, 2011, 08:01:24 PM
I tried the 30-day trial and loved it. Plenty of great TV shows that I've always wanted to see. In the end I had to cancel it though, it was killing my bandwidth cap.

I was thinking of signing up for a free trial too,  but thought otherwise.  The Canadian version of Netflix doesn't carry old tv shows (packaged as episodes) such  as the "Mission:Impossible" series from the '60's, nor some of the more popular '70's shows.  Retro, in other words. 

According to online reports, the U.S. version offers a more diverse variety to choose from.

Not completely certain about the above, but I do notice many programs as being "not available" in Canada.  I am not a member/paying customer, nor have I tried the trial offer because I assume that the above-mentioned may be true.  What's the point if one cannot view one's favourites.

LittleHockeyFan

We had it briefly and I found it to be almost completely useless.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: BMan on July 23, 2011, 06:37:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, I signed up last Thursday, and am wondering since it is a trial 30 day free run, will I get more programming once I started paying for it?

I'm pretty sure you get full access to programming even with the trial.

WhatIfGodWasALeaf

Maybe it is content restricted in Canada as has been mentioned, but being in the States I love it, makes my phone and iPad uch better too.