Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Preseason GDT 6: Leafs @ Sens W5-3

Started by Bleeding Blue & White, September 27, 2011, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potvin29

QuotejonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
Ron Wilson revealed post-game that Phil Kessel is battling a minor groin injury.

According to Wilson, Kessel wasn't even going to play tonight but with others also battling injuries, was forced into duty.

L K

Quote from: Potvin29 on September 27, 2011, 11:13:59 PM
Ron Wilson revealed post-game that Phil Kessel is battling a minor groin injury.

According to Wilson, Kessel wasn't even going to play tonight but with others also battling injuries, was forced into duty.

Good news from the standpoint of Kessel's play as he wasn't even all that bad.  Bad news from the standpoint, that the argument of "other guys are hurt so Kessel had to play" in a preseason game.  If he wasn't going to play, why play him because Mike Brown can't get his 3rd/4th line butt into the lineup on a consistent basis?  Or maybe don't throw a guy out there who can only play 5 and a half minutes of hockey a night?

hockeyfan1

Quote from: Bender on September 27, 2011, 10:04:10 PM
I wonder if there's going to be a trade soon. We're beginning to have a glut of players.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kadri's name were included as trade material.  I still think if he (Kadri) establishes himself, he'll be good enough to make the team, for the interim at least.  It's anyone's guess just who may or may not remain part of the team for the longer term.

Besides, I like Frattin.  He has demonstrated a wicked slapshot, and plenty of room for improvement, at least, for the near future.

cw

"forced into duty" for a preseason game?

Boston Leaf

Quote from: cw on September 28, 2011, 07:38:37 AM

yeah what is up with that? So thee was no other forward who could have dressed? How about a 7th Dman? Crazy thinking. Lets play the teams leading goal scoreer with a groin problem because we have no other >:(

Zee

Grabovski has really grown on me.  When we first got him I wasn't too impressed, but I really like the way he's developed as a Leaf.

BrownRolo

Quote from: Boston Leaf on September 28, 2011, 08:44:24 AM

yeah what is up with that? So thee was no other forward who could have dressed? How about a 7th Dman? Crazy thinking. Lets play the teams leading goal scoreer with a groin problem because we have no other >:(

TML is probably just trying to keep the media from dumping on Kessel/Connolly before the season starts.

Bender

Quote from: Zee on September 28, 2011, 09:04:46 AM
Grabovski has really grown on me.  When we first got him I wasn't too impressed, but I really like the way he's developed as a Leaf.

He was awful the first year but he's really blossomed.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Bender

@armdog: What a game by "the line" My boy Crosbovski at it again Speed and skill up the middle. He's awesome. What a player and teammate #russianunit
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Sarge

Well let's hope Kessel get's some rest if he isn't 100%.

Tigger

I've read a couple media comments about what a great goal that shortie was by Grabbo and it was but I'm pretty sure the shot was deflected, fwiw.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

sampson

Quote from: Bender on September 28, 2011, 09:57:15 AM
@armdog: What a game by "the line" My boy Crosbovski at it again Speed and skill up the middle. He's awesome. What a player and teammate #russianunit

Fk ya! Army rules

princedpw

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Bender

Quote from: Tigger on September 28, 2011, 10:28:00 AM
I've read a couple media comments about what a great goal that shortie was by Grabbo and it was but I'm pretty sure the shot was deflected, fwiw.

Looked like a 100% clean snipe to me.

Zee

Quote from: sampson on September 28, 2011, 11:02:24 AM
Quote from: Bender on September 28, 2011, 09:57:15 AM

Fk ya! Army rules

Crosbovski ??  :D :D Man that's something to live up to.