Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Preseason GDT 6: Leafs @ Sens W5-3

Started by Bleeding Blue & White, September 27, 2011, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Frattin: The one who doesn't fall down when hit.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Potvin29

Let's not have another season of pointless arguing who is the #1 line.  It doesn't matter who is labelled what.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Grabovski may not be quite an elite player, but he's just a notch below that.  Very impressive tonight, as was that whole line.  They really mesh.

bustaheims

Quote from: Potvin29 on September 27, 2011, 09:59:44 PM
Let's not have another season of pointless arguing who is the #1 line.  It doesn't matter who is labelled what.

I don't know. I hope that the Kessel line plays well enough for there to actually be a legitimate argument. That will likely make for a more successful season.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Tigger

It does to Wilson, who, what, the first line!!?! Aaarhhh
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Propellertop

Quote from: Potvin29 on September 27, 2011, 09:56:54 PM
Quote from: Bender on September 27, 2011, 09:51:04 PM
I've been railing on Kadri, but Kessel and Lupul have shown nothing at all this pre-season.

I've thought Kessel has looked very dangerous out there.

Optical illusion....or very Jason Blake. I'm not sure yet with Connolly not yet up to speed.
Remember, Remember the 5th of November!!

Potvin29

Quote from: Busta Reims on September 27, 2011, 10:02:05 PM

I don't know. I hope that the Kessel line plays well enough for there to actually be a legitimate argument. That will likely make for a more successful season.

Oh, I just mean it doesn't matter who is labelled what, should only matter that they're playing well or not.  Seems like the media can't stop bringing it up, when really it doesn't matter.  Whoever is playing better will be put out there more.

Bender

Grabbo is beastly out there. He looks like a man on a mission. Even the look in his eyes gives off the vibe that he's only thinking about winning. Im really looking forward to Neil getting suspended.

Frattin should be up instead of Kadri. He needs a lot of work.

I wonder if there's going to be a trade soon. We're beginning to have a glut of players.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Potvin29

Neil may be my least favourite player in the league.

I read some article in one of the Toronto papers recently that commented that there is a feeling among Leafs players that Neil only has an impact on games where there are no enforcers on the other team.  Probably true.  And if not, it feels true.

slapshot

quick game observation

1. Grabo really impressive
2. Phaneuf made some nice rushes
3. Liles seems to handle the puck as well as Kabs
4. Frattin more ready and dangerous than Kadri with less skilled line mates was more noticeable. That said I think Kadri will be the one that stays, and I expect him to improve if he sticks. I think once the pressure to make the squad comes off, he'll relax and play his game better. Long run I like Frattin. Can skate, hit, shoot and I like the fact he makes the easy smart play when there's nothing there. Take note Nazem.

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: Potvin29 on September 27, 2011, 10:05:43 PM
Neil may be my least favourite player in the league.

I read some article in one of the Toronto papers recently that commented that there is a feeling among Leafs players that Neil only has an impact on games where there are no enforcers on the other team.  Probably true.  And if not, it feels true.

He sure left the area when Schenn grabbed a hold of him in the second period in front of the net. He wanted no part of him.
BWB

Potvin29

Quotemirtle James Mirtle
Ron Wilson: "Grabo's the toughest guy on our team ... It's going to take more than that to knock him out."

Love Grabovski like I love a burger.

barney_rebel

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on September 27, 2011, 08:38:08 PM
Quote from: Tigger on September 27, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
Quote from: Chett on September 27, 2011, 08:19:29 PM
Quote from: Madferret on September 27, 2011, 08:17:32 PM
Nice goal by Grabovski

Who's in your avatar?
It's hard to tell from a photo best labelled guitar player 'Tiny Timmy!' but I'm going to guess Derek Trucks or ferret in drag but I'm not going to give out the odds...

Isn't it Getty Lee from Rush?

Rush rules man.
WE _____ MAN

Potvin29

I was going to guess David Gilmour.  Unless that's been guessed already.

Nik

I think it matters a little when the issue is which line is going to get the bulk of the PP time or be on the ice with a minute left and the team down by one.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi