Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

GDT PreSeason Game #5 Buffalo Sabres @Toronto..... CBC 7 pm et al

Started by LittleHockeyFan, September 24, 2011, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deebo

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on September 24, 2011, 07:37:07 PM
I didn't like that hit on Colborne in front of Goose earlier in the period, that could have seriously hurt the kid. No wonder everything has gotten kind of chippy tonight.

Yeah, scores!

RealKyperNick Kypreos
#Sabres Boyes called to carpet for head hit vs #Leafs. Word out of Buff is he has a scheduled #NHL hearing today. And the beat goes on...

Looks like Shanahan agrees with you.

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: Deebo on September 25, 2011, 09:17:00 AM
I didn't like that hit on Colborne in front of Goose earlier in the period, that could have seriously hurt the kid. No wonder everything has gotten kind of chippy tonight.

Yeah, scores!

RealKyperNick Kypreos
#Sabres Boyes called to carpet for head hit vs #Leafs. Word out of Buff is he has a scheduled #NHL hearing today. And the beat goes on...

Good, I was kind of surprised that Colborne got up as quick as he did. Even if nothing comes out of it, it is at least being reviewed and Boyes is on notice. It looked very dangerous.
BWB

Bender

Do people still think Aulie should stick? Hes looked terrible this preseason.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Tigger

I didn't think he looked that bad, not great, anything in particular you noticed?

For Keith I don't think the pre season so far is much of a determining factor, fwiw, he handled some big minutes against top lines last year and didn't look out of place.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

LittleHockeyFan

Wow, I wonder if we might need a 'disciplinary moves' thread this season, for all the hearings and outcomes and what (we think) should be further reviewed........

LittleHockeyFan

*sigh* and whether I should have posted that reply in the general nhl thread and not the game day one.....what a maroon.....

Hockey_gal

Quote from: Deebo on September 25, 2011, 09:17:00 AM

Yeah, scores!

RealKyperNick Kypreos

Suspended 2 preseason games.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=589804

Bleeding Blue & White

looking at the suspensions I am starting to think Shanahan is a Leafs fan, mess with us and get suspended! *knocks on wood*
"Make your own Luck" - Chris Jones. My life philosophy

Zee

Quote from: McPwnage on September 25, 2011, 08:48:34 PM
looking at the suspensions I am starting to think Shanahan is a Leafs fan, mess with us and get suspended! *knocks on wood*

Well he is from Mimico, so I'd say he grew up being a Leafs fan.  :D

nutman

Dont be to quick to smile about it. this will come full circle in the real season.

Bender

Quote from: Busta Reims on September 24, 2011, 07:12:08 PM
Quote from: Bender on September 24, 2011, 07:06:27 PM
I'm gonna watch it but the team looks half complete.

Btw, no one answered the question about Buffalo being over the cap.

With Morrisonn and Kotalik on waivers and heading to the AHL when they clear, they won't be over the cap by the time the season starts, and that's all that really matters for them

I can't believe Kotalik has an NTC. Insanity. Did they take on his contract just to get Regehr?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender