Maple Leafs News and Views > Main Leafs Hockey Talk

Rielly

(1/10) > >>

hobarth:
Rielly has one more year left in his contract, Dubie has threatened to trade him if a contract isn't worked out this summer.

What is Rielly worth, basically he's supposedly a speedy, nonphysical, leader with offensive talent but not the greatest defensively. As for being such a great offensive talent, take away the 52 and 72 point seasons and I don't think he's actually delivered on his offensive potential. Mostly his resume seems very Tyson Barrieish to me but Barrie has delivered on his offensive promise far more consistently than Rielly.

Barrie just signed for $4.5 mil per for 3 years so the question is, does Rielly deserve more or even that much? 

hrundi99:
Barrie's defensive contribution is exactly 0.

Rielly at least contributes a bit.

Barrie last 3 seasons - 146 points 204 games - 0.71 ppg
Rielly last 3 seasons - 134 points 184 games - 0.73 ppg

Better player overall.

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: hobarth on August 05, 2021, 12:43:46 AM ---Rielly has one more year left in his contract, Dubie has threatened to trade him if a contract isn't worked out this summer.

What is Rielly worth, basically he's supposedly a speedy, nonphysical, leader with offensive talent but not the greatest defensively. As for being such a great offensive talent, take away the 52 and 72 point seasons and I don't think he's actually delivered on his offensive potential. Mostly his resume seems very Tyson Barrieish to me but Barrie has delivered on his offensive promise far more consistently than Rielly.

Barrie just signed for $4.5 mil per for 3 years so the question is, does Rielly deserve more or even that much?

--- End quote ---

As mentioned above, Rielly is a better defensive player than Tyson Barrie. Barrie is a number 4 at best, and more than likely a 5/6 defender/powerplay quarterback.

That being said, Rielly has been frustrating the last 2 seasons. His skating and mobility has been hindered and his powerplay quarterback play has been terrible. It's weird that at the age of 27, he seems to be regressing already.

Highlander:
I love Mogen, but his play leaves a lot to be desired especially in his own end. As he is a defenseman, this does pose a problem. I would move him for some picks.  We need to make some space for our D prospects.

Bullfrog:
He's definitely better than Barrie. Someone mentioned in another thread that Torey Krug would be a good comparable, and I agree. He got 7 years @ $6.5M. I can't see Rielly getting less than $6M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version