Other Hockey News & Views > NHL Transactions

Chicago acquiring Marc Andre Fleury

<< < (2/5) > >>

azzurri63:
Teams making moves to better themselves and we sit idle. Good job Kyle.

CarltonTheBear:
One thing to watch here: there were rumblings Marc-Andre Fleury might choose to retire if traded from Vegas — for family reasons. Not certain how it will all play out.— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) July 27, 2021
--- End quote ---
CHI’s leverage here is that it could absorb MAF’s full cap hit and the Hawks were NOT on MAF’s 10-team no-trade list. So, given that MAF did NOT want to play anywhere other than VGK, here’s a question: Will he report to the Hawks? Or, at age 36, might he contemplate retirement? https://t.co/Bj06YC7oMq— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) July 27, 2021
--- End quote ---
A source close to Marc-Andre Fleury says that the trade is done, and that the Vezina Trophy winner found out through Twitter. #VegasBorn— Jesse Granger (@JesseGranger_) July 27, 2021
--- End quote ---

Welp enjoy a well earned retirement Fleury.

herman:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 27, 2021, 11:43:54 AM ---A source close to Marc-Andre Fleury says that the trade is done, and that the Vezina Trophy winner found out through Twitter. #VegasBorn— Jesse Granger (@JesseGranger_) July 27, 2021
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What a wonderful way to treat your flagship expansion pick.

bustaheims:
Part of me wonders if Chicago did this with the expectation that Fleury retires, and there's a handshake agreement in place that the Hawks will get a favourable deal from Vegas in the future. Otherwise, taking up most of their available non-LTIR cap space is a curious choice.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on July 27, 2021, 11:53:56 AM ---Part of me wonders if Chicago did this with the expectation that Fleury retires, and there's a handshake agreement in place that the Hawks will get a favourable deal from Vegas in the future. Otherwise, taking up most of their available non-LTIR cap space is a curious choice.

--- End quote ---

I think they would have had a conditional pick here based off Fleury playing a single game or something like that if that was the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version