Maple Leafs News and Views > Main Leafs Hockey Talk

2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs General Discussion

<< < (136/218) > >>

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on October 17, 2021, 02:29:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on October 17, 2021, 01:36:37 PM ---I think that 3rd line could be really god shutting things down.

--- End quote ---

It might be good, but I don't think God is directly interfering with hockey games.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Haha...ooops.

louisstamos:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on October 17, 2021, 02:31:00 PM ---I won't even make an attempt on how to give that line a nickname.

--- End quote ---

The DOA line? (David, Ondrej & Alex?)

herman:
Czeching line (+ Kerfoot)

princedpw:
Returning to the weird cap situation.  Why were the leafs allowed to sign a new player to a contract and play that player (the U of T goalie) but not allowed to bring someone up who they had already signed (Eg Hutchinson). I don’t understand why this policy makes any sense. It would seem that it would cause the team to spend more money.  This article explains the conditions that arise but doesn’t really explain why someone would construct the rulebook this way (under the assumption that the league goal is to save money on player contracts/enforce as hard a cap as possible).

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2021/10/16/the-circumstances-that-led-to-the-maple-leafs-to-sign-university-goalie-alex-bishop-to-backup-jack-campbell-tonight-on-hnic/

Zee:
I know it's really early, but I have not been impressed by Richtie in the slightest. I really hope he shows something positive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version