Maple Leafs News and Views > Main Leafs Hockey Talk

2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs General Discussion

<< < (263/482) > >>

Bender:
We're finishing third again, aren't we?

Iafrate:
So the leafs are,
I would say, kind of in a slump for the first time since the start of the season and are 3-1-1 in that stretch. So things could be worse, but still getting points with bad habits could be a worrying trend.

Anyway, I’ll chalk it up to the big layoff and the people in and out of the lineup. Campbell is also starting to look a little normal as well.

RedLeaf:

--- Quote from: Joe S. on January 16, 2022, 09:10:12 AM ---So the leafs are,
I would say, kind of in a slump for the first time since the start of the season and are 3-1-1 in that stretch. So things could be worse, but still getting points with bad habits could be a worrying trend.

Anyway, I’ll chalk it up to the big layoff and the people in and out of the lineup. Campbell is also starting to look a little normal as well.

--- End quote ---

The biggest worry for me is if the season ended today we’d be facing the Lightning in the first round. That matchup doesn’t breed a lot of confidence in finally getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Let’s hope that changes.

L K:
There isn’t an opponent that is going to breed confidence with this plauyoff format.

Right now finish first the Eastern Conference and play Boston (10th in the NHL in point percentage)

Finish 2nd in the East but 1st in the division and play 9th place Pittsburgh.

Finish 2nd in the division and play 4th place Tampa.

The East is stupidly stacked compared to the West this year.

Bender:

--- Quote from: L K on January 16, 2022, 11:41:46 AM ---There isn’t an opponent that is going to breed confidence with this plauyoff format.

Right now finish first the Eastern Conference and play Boston (10th in the NHL in point percentage)

Finish 2nd in the East but 1st in the division and play 9th place Pittsburgh.

Finish 2nd in the division and play 4th place Tampa.

The East is stupidly stacked compared to the West this year.

--- End quote ---
This format really doesn't reward doing well in the regular season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version