Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

2021 Blue Jays General Discussion Thread

<< < (5/118) > >>

Nik:

--- Quote from: L K on January 20, 2021, 11:04:37 AM ---Yeah, mostly likely.  There haven't been any corroborations or clarifications.  Probably was just a mixup but still, those rumours are out there.  Would be a great addition especially given the trades it would also necessitate.

--- End quote ---

Maybe. I think the only guy you'd have to trade there is Grichuk and I don't think he's valuable enough to land a big piece. Yeah you could move Gurriel and use Brantley in Left as opposed to DHing but that feels like a downgrade. And even then, unless you're seriously planning on Kirk as an everyday Catcher you don't have a spot for him in the line-up.

I get the appeal of using Gurriel to try to land a pitcher better than any of the FA's available(except Bauer, who I don't want anyway) but I might rather the Jays try to sign Taijuan Walker and/or James Paxton and roll with the line-up as is.

Nik:
Invalid Tweet ID
Now this has legs.

L K:

--- Quote from: Nik on January 20, 2021, 11:53:53 AM ---Invalid Tweet ID
Now this has legs.

--- End quote ---

Some fine legs indeed.  What a 24 hour move on the offseason. 

Just to keep the party rolling:

On @WFAN660, @JonHeyman said he wouldn’t be surprised if the Mets lose Brad Hand to the Blue Jays too.— John Flanigan (@jflan816) January 20, 2021
--- End quote ---

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Nik on January 20, 2021, 11:53:53 AM ---Invalid Tweet ID
Now this has legs.

--- End quote ---

The Jays lineup is getting scary for opposing pitchers, for sure. Brantley adds another solid all-around bat, while being a reasonable defender, as well (not good - pretty close to average, which is still an upgrade for the most part). Another starting pitcher or two, and some depth adds here and there, and we're in good place for the coming season.

L K:
Time to fire Hazel May

Blue Jays official refutes my earlier tweet on source re: 3 yr deal. “The team remains interested in Michael Brantley but there is no deal currently in place.”— Hazel Mae (@thehazelmae) January 20, 2021
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version