Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

2019 Blue Jays General Discussion Thread

<< < (71/72) > >>

Nik:
This is about "not getting anything" for a reliever who had an era of just under 5 in 20 or so innings last year?

The Jays last year had three young infielders with WAR's over 2 in half a season or so but we're focusing on the handling of Ryan Tepera as being somehow a key element of the success of this rebuild? Not Gurriel looking like a long term solution in left or a really good young catching tandem?

Alright...

sickbeast:

--- Quote from: Nik Bethune on November 10, 2019, 12:38:03 PM ---This is about "not getting anything" for a reliever who had an era of just under 5 in 20 or so innings last year?

The Jays last year had three young infielders with WAR's over 2 in half a season or so but we're focusing on the handling of Ryan Tepera as being somehow a key element of the success of this rebuild? Not Gurriel looking like a long term solution in left or a really good young catching tandem?

Alright...

--- End quote ---
Did you even read my post?

I said Tepera was the last straw.  The Jays had a star studded roster under AA.  Shapiro and Atkins parlayed those players into sweet nothing, pretty much.

Nik:

--- Quote from: sickbeast on November 10, 2019, 02:22:27 PM ---I said Tepera was the last straw.  The Jays had a star studded roster under AA.  Shapiro and Atkins parlayed those players into sweet nothing, pretty much.

--- End quote ---

Why would you have expected the Jays to get much of anything for a relief pitcher who was hurt this year and not particularly effective when he wasn't hurt? Why would that mean more to you and what the team is doing with their rebuild than the actual players on the team they're developing?

At Tepera's absolute best he probably fetches a middling prospect the way someone like Hudson did this year. If that's going to make or break your fandom...

Again, alright. You are free to stop following this team full of exciting young players for whatever reason you want.

sickbeast:

--- Quote from: Nik Bethune on November 10, 2019, 02:51:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: sickbeast on November 10, 2019, 02:22:27 PM ---I said Tepera was the last straw.  The Jays had a star studded roster under AA.  Shapiro and Atkins parlayed those players into sweet nothing, pretty much.

--- End quote ---

Why would you have expected the Jays to get much of anything for a relief pitcher who was hurt this year and not particularly effective when he wasn't hurt? Why would that mean more to you and what the team is doing with their rebuild than the actual players on the team they're developing?

At Tepera's absolute best he probably fetches a middling prospect the way someone like Hudson did this year. If that's going to make or break your fandom...

Again, alright. You are free to stop following this team full of exciting young players for whatever reason you want.

--- End quote ---
The team is a hot mess.  They desperately need pitching and they let a guy like Tepera walk.  If that was their plan they should have traded him long ago.

Again, this is reading comprehension fail on your behalf.  I keep telling you that Tepera is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  I guess you don't remember what happened with Donaldson, Bautista, and Encarnacion, just to name a few players.  The list goes on and on.  Management completely messed up the rebuild process of this team.  In the process they pissed off a bunch of players and probably made Toronto that much less desirable to free agent players.

In Cleveland they were celebrating when these two clowns left.  Shapiro in particular has no clue.  Atkins is his little puppet.  They remind me of Smithers and Mr. Burns.

Nik:

--- Quote from: sickbeast on November 10, 2019, 03:10:48 PM ---The team is a hot mess.  They desperately need pitching and they let a guy like Tepera walk.  If that was their plan they should have traded him long ago.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, again, a "Guy like Tepera" meaning what? A relief pitcher with a career ERA of 3.64? As we saw with Hudson last year, guys like Tepera can be signed off the scrap heap literally whenever the Jays want. It's genuinely meaningless.


--- Quote from: sickbeast on November 10, 2019, 03:10:48 PM ---I keep telling you that Tepera is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  I guess you don't remember what happened with Donaldson, Bautista, and Encarnacion, just to name a few players. 
--- End quote ---

No, I remember all of that and didn't want to rehash old arguments. It's just genuinely shocking to me that since the Stroman trade we've seen real meaningful evidence of this management team's ability to draft and develop good young players and the Jays look set for at least the next 5 years in the infield and behind the plate and none of that bought enough goodwill to outweigh...not getting anything for Ryan Tepera.

But, once more, ok. Don't cheer for the Jays then. Their loss, I suppose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version