Maple Leafs News and Views > Former Leafs: Ex-Files

Minor Ex-Leaf News

<< < (84/85) > >>

Bender:

--- Quote from: Frank E on November 20, 2021, 09:23:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: Heroic Shrimp on November 20, 2021, 09:16:46 AM ---Nazem Kadri has 8 pts in his last 3 games, 15 pts on his current 8 game points streak. #GoAvsGo— NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) November 20, 2021
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That was not one of Dubas' nice moves...I know Kadri had to go, but that wasn't the play.

--- End quote ---
It wasn't a good return. Trading for Tyson Barrie retained for 1yr was kind of nonsensical because you're then trading down to Kerfoot. Naz is way more useful at his cap hit than Kerfoot.

Although, if we're gonna talk about recent numbers Kerfoot does have 9pts in his last 10GP.

Frank E:

--- Quote from: Bender on November 20, 2021, 11:41:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Frank E on November 20, 2021, 09:23:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: Heroic Shrimp on November 20, 2021, 09:16:46 AM ---Nazem Kadri has 8 pts in his last 3 games, 15 pts on his current 8 game points streak. #GoAvsGo— NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) November 20, 2021
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That was not one of Dubas' nice moves...I know Kadri had to go, but that wasn't the play.

--- End quote ---
It wasn't a good return. Trading for Tyson Barrie retained for 1yr was kind of nonsensical because you're then trading down to Kerfoot. Naz is way more useful at his cap hit than Kerfoot.

Although, if we're gonna talk about recent numbers Kerfoot does have 9pts in his last 10GP.

--- End quote ---

Sure, but if we're just talking this small sample size, Kadri 15 points in last 8 games still wins.

Kadri is certainly the better player, and although Kerfoot is at least a useful player, Barrie just didn't work.

Having said that, I'm still trying to figure out why they protected Kerfoot in the expansion draft...that one is still a bit of a head scratcher for me.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: Frank E on November 20, 2021, 11:58:26 AM ---

Having said that, I'm still trying to figure out why they protected Kerfoot in the expansion draft...that one is still a bit of a head scratcher for me.

--- End quote ---
They didn't protect him. And the deal was what it was. Dubas tried to bet Brodie, it fell through so he took the next best deal. Babcock ruined Barrie and he was pretty good with Keefe as coach. Kadri had to go...no choice. He couldn't be trusted anymore. Wasn't a great trade but also wasn't a bad trade.
Since the trade....
Kadri...2.07 5v5 Pts/60
Kerfoot...1.88 5v5 Pts/60
0.19 5v5 Pts/60 is not a huge margin and considering Kerfoot mainly played on the 3rd line, I'd say he's done pretty good.

Heroic Shrimp:
Your "come on, there's no way that's true" fact of the day:

Nick Foligno's most recent NHL goal, regular season or playoffs, was with the Columbus Blue Jackets— Jeff Veillette (@JeffVeillette) December 18, 2021
--- End quote ---

Heroic Shrimp:
pic.twitter.com/DwOS4EHYRP— Sean Durzi (@seandurzi) December 25, 2021
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version