Author Topic: The Jersey Thread  (Read 4619 times)

Offline BrownRolo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
The Jersey Thread
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
I don't post that often, but I stop by to read what other people have to say on here quite a bit. I'm living in China now, so I need as much hockey talk as I can get!

Anyways, didn't see a Jersey thread and thought it would be cool for people to post pics of the jerseys they have, their favourite jersey designs, obscure jerseys, etc.

Offline You're right

• Rookie
  • 🖕🏻
    • View Profile
Re: The Jersey Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
I've always been meaning to get this one

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:04:21 PM by Scot4bz »
There's valid reasons for the limited interest. Get out of your basement if you dare. The real world will bend you over.
Adios Chachi

Offline BrownRolo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
I've always been meaning to get this one

Haha definitely the worst/strangest name I could ever think of for a hockey team. The first time you hear it, maybe you would think it is clever, but could you ever imagine telling people you are a fan of the "Whoopees"

But the colour scheme is actually pretty sweet. It reminds me a lot of the current Canucks jersey.

Offline BrownRolo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 05:19:48 AM »

I really want this. The combination of the greatest logo with that green is awesome.

Actually, maybe I can get some people's advice. There is a site here in China called Taobao, which is basically Ebay but better.  They have a huge amount of NHL jerseys on there that look authentic to me, but I have just recently gotten really into jerseys, so it is hard for me to tell.

Maybe some people can check these out and let me know what they think.

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=nhl&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=item&sourceId=tb.index&initiative_id=tbindexz_20120922

Or just go to taobao.com and type in NHL.

Offline TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
The Jersey Thread
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
All those jerseys from China are fakes and not authentic.
That being said, they are priced great and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between one from China and an authentic one.

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »
I'm on a vintage jersey kick lately.  I've picked up a Sundin Nordiques jersey and a Bure Canucks one (one of my favourites of all time).  Would love to get my hands on a Selanne Jets jersey, but that may be a while since they are no longer being made.  A Whalers and North Stars jersey are at the top of my list as well right now. 

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:10:17 PM »
I'm on a vintage jersey kick lately.  I've picked up a Sundin Nordiques jersey and a Bure Canucks one (one of my favourites of all time).  Would love to get my hands on a Selanne Jets jersey, but that may be a while since they are no longer being made.  A Whalers and North Stars jersey are at the top of my list as well right now.

Peter, River City Sports and Jersey City are both showing the 1996 era Jets jerseys online. Getting the right size may be an issue.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/CDA/details-06.cfm?sku=62999

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »

Peter, River City Sports and Jersey City are both showing the 1996 era Jets jerseys online. Getting the right size may be an issue.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/CDA/details-06.cfm?sku=62999

Thanks.  I'll keep this handy when I have a few extra funds to use.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Not liking my posts is Cancel Culture
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »

As a vaguely related question does anyone else think it's just flat-out nutty that the Jets don't have a retro third jersey? I know they want to run away from the past incarnation of the Jets for some reason but that would be such a money maker that it seems ridiculous.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »

As a vaguely related question does anyone else think it's just flat-out nutty that the Jets don't have a retro third jersey? I know they want to run away from the past incarnation of the Jets for some reason but that would be such a money maker that it seems ridiculous.

Many believe they will introduce it in a couple years. 

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
Do they have access to that jersey?

I mean aren't those image rights owned by the previous incarnation or...?

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 02:03:27 PM »

I mean aren't those image rights owned by the previous incarnation or...?

I may be wrong, but I thought the NHL owns the rights and would have offered them up to the new ownership group if they so choosed. 

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
That sounds about right, I genuinely don't/didn't know.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Not liking my posts is Cancel Culture
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »

It seems pretty likely. I can't imagine them securing the name but nothing else.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »

I really want this. The combination of the greatest logo with that green is awesome.

As much as I'm partial to all things Leafs, I have to agree. I feel the simplest logos in sports are among the best but this one is just to beautiful comply with that convention. If I ever get another jersey, it's going to be a Blackhawks "Griswold 00."