Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 77533 times)

AtomicMapleLeaf and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1950 on: December 04, 2021, 06:43:19 PM »
That Venn diagram appears to be a circle.
William Nylander Appreciation Account
#BeBlessed

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: Yesterday at 11:37:27 AM »
I feel like I am an epicenter of a covid outbreak.  I have three kids, one can't go to school because a kid in their class got it and he just got his first shot last Friday because of his age, and one other can go to school because he is fully vaccinated, but I have to get him tested because he played hockey against a kid who had it.  It seems the place I live in has a Jiujitsu dojo running at full capacity where the instructor is not fully vaccinated...although that is just the rumour floating around the parents that are in the same boat as me.

All in all, though, I have to say that the covid warning system and the list of things that we had to do and what the rules were, was confusing at best and contradictory at worst.  I think I have received 5 emails from different parties for each of the kids affected, so like 10 emails total on what I have to do. 
"We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” - Arthur Morgan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1951 on: Yesterday at 11:37:27 AM »

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: Yesterday at 11:39:54 AM »
Hard to be amused by a tragedy but the parents of that entirely avoidable school shooting tried to sneak into Canada and got turned away at the border for not being vaccinated.

Americans really don’t get that we’re a much more left wing country than they are. They’re always threatening to move here over stuff the democrats want - and typically, it’s stuff we’ve already done.
To be fair, they also said the same thing when Trump was elected.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Bender

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: Yesterday at 11:40:35 AM »
Hard to be amused by a tragedy but the parents of that entirely avoidable school shooting tried to sneak into Canada and got turned away at the border for not being vaccinated.

Americans really don’t get that we’re a much more left wing country than they are. They’re always threatening to move here over stuff the democrats want - and typically, it’s stuff we’ve already done.

Yup, much wiser to head south.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: Yesterday at 11:45:16 AM »

True, but at least then, it wasn't to escape "liberal" policies they found intolerable that we'd already enacted or leaned as left or further than the Democrats.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Bender

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: Yesterday at 11:50:29 AM »

True, but at least then, it wasn't to escape "liberal" policies they found intolerable that we'd already enacted or leaned as left or further than the Democrats.
I know, they're just so out of touch with reality down there.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: Yesterday at 12:52:08 PM »
I feel like I am an epicenter of a covid outbreak.  I have three kids, one can't go to school because a kid in their class got it and he just got his first shot last Friday because of his age, and one other can go to school because he is fully vaccinated, but I have to get him tested because he played hockey against a kid who had it.  It seems the place I live in has a Jiujitsu dojo running at full capacity where the instructor is not fully vaccinated...although that is just the rumour floating around the parents that are in the same boat as me.

All in all, though, I have to say that the covid warning system and the list of things that we had to do and what the rules were, was confusing at best and contradictory at worst.  I think I have received 5 emails from different parties for each of the kids affected, so like 10 emails total on what I have to do.

Dang that sucks. The lack of clarity from government and policy means everyone from businesses to the fellow parents of your kids' school friends are all making it up as they go. Like they've only just barely started officially recognizing that Covid is an airborne virus, not droplet/contact transmission. All the plexiglass and hygiene theatre was just to push responsibility down on to individuals, rather than actually implementing the necessary policy and infrastructural changes to combat this.
William Nylander Appreciation Account
#BeBlessed

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: Yesterday at 01:21:52 PM »

Dang that sucks. The lack of clarity from government and policy means everyone from businesses to the fellow parents of your kids' school friends are all making it up as they go. Like they've only just barely started officially recognizing that Covid is an airborne virus, not droplet/contact transmission. All the plexiglass and hygiene theatre was just to push responsibility down on to individuals, rather than actually implementing the necessary policy and infrastructural changes to combat this.

It feels like everyone sat down and said "Okay we need to do something if someone has covid" and they all agreed, but they didn't plan out what that something was, so they all start scrambling.  I don't want to put the blame on public health, because I think that they have been the most consistent, but it's the people between me and public health who are unsure of what they need to send out.  It feels like they are afraid they aren't doing enough, so they just email blast every couple of hours information in an effort to look like they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
"We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” - Arthur Morgan