Author Topic: Idiocracy  (Read 205808 times)

louisstamos, Iafrate and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: The Donald
« Reply #3225 on: Today at 01:52:33 PM »
Every new piece of information that comes out about this makes it even worse than before.

Holy forkin' shirtballs it's even worse than the previous worse.

Yeah, it's worser
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: Today at 02:07:14 PM »
Every new piece of information that comes out about this makes it even worse than before.

Holy forkin' shirtballs it's even worse than the previous worse.

Yeah, it's worser

Leave it to Texas to be the worst when it comes to gun related crimes.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #3226 on: Today at 02:07:14 PM »

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: Today at 04:45:24 PM »
OK, it seems as though it's a pretty terrible police response to an active shooter.

My concern though, and I didn't articulate it well to LK, is that this turns into a police lack of training/funding issue rather than a "how ITF do they let a kid get a machine gun?" issue.  It's probably both, but I'm of the belief that this is much more the latter. 

I've got kids in and around the age of these completely innocent victims, so maybe that affects my opinion of this.

Online AtomicMapleLeaf

• Marlie
  • Leaf Fan in Los Alamos, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: Today at 06:09:03 PM »
Can we rename this thread to something else? The Donald doesn't need anymore free publicity. I hate the man so much that it hurts a little just seeing his name.

Online Iafrate

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Idiocracy
« Reply #3229 on: Today at 06:25:36 PM »
Done.

Online AtomicMapleLeaf

• Marlie
  • Leaf Fan in Los Alamos, NM
    • View Profile
Re: Idiocracy
« Reply #3230 on: Today at 06:52:10 PM »

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: Today at 07:08:26 PM »
OK, it seems as though it's a pretty terrible police response to an active shooter.

My concern though, and I didn't articulate it well to LK, is that this turns into a police lack of training/funding issue rather than a "how ITF do they let a kid get a machine gun?" issue.  It's probably both, but I'm of the belief that this is much more the latter. 

I've got kids in and around the age of these completely innocent victims, so maybe that affects my opinion of this.

I mean for me it’s a police board that was 40% of the towns budget and they stood around and did nothing because in typical fashion they parade around LARPing rather than actually protecting anyone.  Their response during and after the fact has been disgraceful

It’s that they were making claims that they felt there were no more victims while children were still calling 9-1-1 from the building.   

It’s that they were actively hearing gunshots from inside the building while standing around. 

The gun control issue is an issue.  But the militarized police who don’t actually do their job is a far bigger one. 
« Last Edit: Today at 07:27:29 PM by L K »