Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Thornton Watch

<< < (3/10) > >>

Zee:
This would most likely be Thornton's last kick at the can, if he's realistic does he want to spend it in SJ spinning his wheels or at least go for it one last time with the Leafs. I get the lifestyle thing and maybe he loves living in SJ, but given that this is already a shortened season, he'll only really be away from SJ what, 5-6 months if that?  Doesn't seem like that big a commitment considering how much money he's already made and the fact he's never won. Sure the Leafs are a longshot too, but probably better chances than SJ.

Frank E:

--- Quote from: Nik on October 15, 2020, 09:42:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 15, 2020, 09:29:58 AM ---Sure, unlike Thornton who has already demonstrated that he is willing to move for it.

--- End quote ---

Well, what Thornton has demonstrated is that he was willing to spend a couple months in a hotel for it.

edit: And, for what it's worth, only after the Sharks had conclusively established that they had no chance at the playoffs.

--- End quote ---

He still keeps a place near St. Thomas for his summers.

Frank E:
Look, they're signing all his buddies:  Dell, now whoever this guy is for the Marlies:

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2020/10/14/21515936/marlies-sign-rourke-chartier-to-an-ahl-contract

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Nik on October 15, 2020, 09:51:55 AM ---
Yeah, I always thought the Boston trade thing was noteworthy because it basically came out of nowhere which is why just about everyone looked at it and thought that other teams would have given Boston a better deal if they'd had any notion he was on the market.

--- End quote ---

Brian Burke swears that he did offer Boston a better deal.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Frank E on October 15, 2020, 09:54:27 AM ---He still keeps a place near St. Thomas for his summers.

--- End quote ---

Ok. I don't know that has a serious impact on the real effects of either moving by himself or moving his family to Toronto for a year but I'm glad he's got real estate in the portfolio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version