Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Report: Alexander Barabanov linked to the Leafs

<< < (3/4) > >>

herman:
Kyle Dubas acknowledges the #leafs interest in KHL free agent Alex Barabanov. They view him as a skilled playmaking winger: "One of the other things we like most about him is his ability to make plays under pressure and ... win pucks, protect pucks, when people come after him."— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) March 31, 2020
--- End quote ---

L K:
His season last year kind of looks like an aberration.

5 full seasons in the KHL.
17, 25, 22, 46, and then 20 points.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: L K on March 31, 2020, 02:59:12 PM ---His season last year kind of looks like an aberration.

5 full seasons in the KHL.
17, 25, 22, 46, and then 20 points.

--- End quote ---

Part of that is the depth of the rosters of St. Petersburg SKA. Before last season, they were a pretty stacked roster - they had roster that featured Kovalchuk, Dadonov, Gusev, Datsyuk, Shipachyov (who, even though he was a failed experiment in the NHL, absolutely dominates the KHL), etc. Last season, they lost a couple notable members of the team, which gave Barabanov a larger role. This season, they basically lost the rest of the high end talent they had, and looks like they became a much more defensively focused team.

Frank E:
Dubas probably gives him $2m per, like Holl.

No, I can't get over it.

Bates:

--- Quote from: Frank E on March 31, 2020, 06:32:12 PM ---Dubas probably gives him $2m per, like Holl.

No, I can't get over it.

--- End quote ---

I bet he gets signed for an entry level one year deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version