Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 53131 times)

Online OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1515 on: April 28, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »
We’re in this mess because of all the selfish people out there who refuse to obey the rules and STAY HOME!!!  Government can’t do anything if the people won’t listen.  It amazes me how people need to be told and even forced to do the obvious.  Idiots.....

First off, I think that's a little unfair given what we know about where the outbreaks are coming from. The community spread isn't coming from jerks at Trinity-Bellwoods, it's mainly coming from people going to work and then coming home to their families. And those people aren't being selfish jerks, they're trying to earn money and keep their jobs. And government policy, specifically paid sick days, could help there.

But moreover, and call me old-fashioned if you have to, but I always thought that one of the points of government was that if there really are rules in place and people aren't following them, it's government's responsibility to enforce those rules.

But as people have pointed out the issue is that we don't really have a lot of "rules" but rather pretty vague guidelines and suggestions.

Ford and his government have proven to be some of the worst managers I've ever worked for. Their lack of leadership and direction leads to and fuels the idiots of the world. Misinformation and vagueness leads to interpretation. Interpretation leads to varying opinions. The government can't blame the idiots. They created the idiots.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 28, 2021, 01:58:25 PM »
We’re in this mess because of all the selfish people out there who refuse to obey the rules and STAY HOME!!!  Government can’t do anything if the people won’t listen.  It amazes me how people need to be told and even forced to do the obvious.  Idiots.....

First off, I think that's a little unfair given what we know about where the outbreaks are coming from. The community spread isn't coming from jerks at Trinity-Bellwoods, it's mainly coming from people going to work and then coming home to their families. And those people aren't being selfish jerks, they're trying to earn money and keep their jobs. And government policy, specifically paid sick days, could help there.

But moreover, and call me old-fashioned if you have to, but I always thought that one of the points of government was that if there really are rules in place and people aren't following them, it's government's responsibility to enforce those rules.

But as people have pointed out the issue is that we don't really have a lot of "rules" but rather pretty vague guidelines and suggestions.

Ford and his government have proven to be some of the worst managers I've ever worked for. Their lack of leadership and direction leads to and fuels the idiots of the world. Misinformation and vagueness leads to interpretation. Interpretation leads to varying opinions. The government can't blame the idiots. They created the idiots.

They also are the idiots. They're inmates running the asylum.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 29, 2021, 01:20:00 PM »

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 30, 2021, 10:56:22 PM »

Cool thread, leading to...

Supersize my Freedom Fries

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #1519 on: May 05, 2021, 05:44:16 PM »
Tonight I took part in my first organised sporting team practice since I played a game last august. Pretty much not really left the house due to various lockdowns since September.

The difference to the soul and mind of that little slice of “normal” was insane.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 05, 2021, 08:39:21 PM »
Got my first jab about an hour ago and I can tell you that Bill Gates' divorce is fake news.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 05, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »
Got my first jab about an hour ago and I can tell you that Bill Gates' divorce is fake news.
Awesome! And great news about getting the vaccine, too!

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 11, 2021, 12:16:56 PM »
Was able to book an appointment for next Wednesday. Very happy to be getting my first shot a lot earlier than I would have guessed at the start of the year. Also:

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 11, 2021, 02:14:17 PM »
Was able to book an appointment for next Wednesday. Very happy to be getting my first shot a lot earlier than I would have guessed at the start of the year. Also:

I'm very happy for you, but 100% against bears getting vaccinated before humans.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 11, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »

You know I'm starting to really think this won't take until 2030.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 11, 2021, 02:40:14 PM »
I'm very happy for you, but 100% against bears getting vaccinated before humans.

There's nothing in the definition of an "essential worker" that specifies being a Homo sapien.

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 14, 2021, 05:58:47 PM »
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-will-no-longer-offer-first-doses-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-1.5423379
I think they are finding some real problems with the AZ vaccine, a good friend of my sister, has her 50 year old son in hospital, he began experiencing bad head aches a hour after the jab, about two weeks later started to exhibit some violent behaviour and now in hospital.
On my part, I got my AZ jab a month ago, a week ago I began experiencing some eye trouble in my right eye, very fuzzy, very concerning. May not be related at all as going through a lot of stress at the moment, but am seeing an eye doctor on Saturday AM.  Will let you know if he thinks or knows it is AZ related.
I had a feeling should have waited for Pfizer or Moderno.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 15, 2021, 08:08:16 PM »
Oh boy, the pro-Covid rally in Toronto today seems a lot bigger than I would have expected.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 16, 2021, 12:11:10 AM »
Oh boy, the pro-Covid rally in Toronto today seems a lot bigger than I would have expected.
This is so incredibly tiring.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender