Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Thornton Watch

<< < (2/10) > >>

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Nik on October 15, 2020, 09:21:54 AM ---I don't think for a second Shane Doan ever stopped wanting to win either, he just didn't want to enough to move for it.

--- End quote ---

Sure, unlike Thornton who has already demonstrated that he is willing to move for it.

Joe S.:
Does anyone remember the story of why he wanted out of boston?

Nik:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 15, 2020, 09:29:58 AM ---Sure, unlike Thornton who has already demonstrated that he is willing to move for it.

--- End quote ---

Well, what Thornton has demonstrated is that he was willing to spend a couple months in a hotel for it.

edit: And, for what it's worth, only after the Sharks had conclusively established that they had no chance at the playoffs.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Joe S. on October 15, 2020, 09:39:40 AM ---Does anyone remember the story of why he wanted out of boston?

--- End quote ---

I don't believe he wanted/asked for a trade.

Nik:

Yeah, I always thought the Boston trade thing was noteworthy because it basically came out of nowhere which is why just about everyone looked at it and thought that other teams would have given Boston a better deal if they'd had any notion he was on the market.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version