Maple Leafs News and Views > Main Leafs Hockey Talk

Auston Matthews

(1/280) > >>

disco:
Now that's a photo op. #TMLtalk pic.twitter.com/nRRGff50UQ— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Auston Matthews.
Second goal of his first NHL period.
Goal of the year finalist, probably.
Erik Karlsson is one of these defencemen.
My god. pic.twitter.com/rzSvvrJh3D— Jeff Veillette (@JeffVeillette) October 12, 2016
--- End quote ---

Since the start of this game I didnt even have a chance to drink 4beers and hes got 4goals #Matthews— Marian Gaborik (@MGaborik12) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Auston Matthews coming into the NHL like pic.twitter.com/MjWjWj8kBf— Rob Wong (@RobWong34) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Wow !!! @AM34 welcome to our beer league !!!' Lolll #congrats #easygame— Kristopher Letang (@Letang_58) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

#Leafs still have 8 games to decide whether or not to keep Auston Matthews or send him down to prevent burning a year on his ELC. #joking— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Mom. #Matthews https://t.co/frM5f5Q6tq— House Of Bucci Mane (@Buccigross) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

What's the big deal I scored 4 goals.....In my career. #matthews #bust— Sea Sondering (@SeaSondering) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

I've just decided that Reims will play ALL of the games versus the leafs this year...... #Matthews— Strombone (@strombone1) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

pic.twitter.com/HRoJ7Mz7ak— Dimitri Filipovic (@DimFilipovic) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Ok, this is completely ridiculous. @AM34 makes NHL history. First player to score 4 goals in NHL debut @TSNHockey— Gino Reda (@GinoRedaTSN) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

After Auston Matthews fourth goal, I'm just going to accept that the only person in Toronto watching Arrow is my Mom.— Stephen Amell (@StephenAmell) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

THE AUSTON MATTHEWS NO JABRONI— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 12, 2016
--- End quote ---

Babcock on Matthews' four: "I’ve never seen anything like it. You see that second goal he scored, not many guys do that." #Leafs— Terry Koshan (@koshtorontosun) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Babcock: "That is the best night I have had since I have been here by 10 miles. Not even close. Because now we have an opportunity." #Leafs— Terry Koshan (@koshtorontosun) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Mats Sundin last Leaf to score 4 on April 11, 2006. Last Leaf to score hat trick in season opener was Tom Fergus on Oct. 9, 1986.— Gord Stellick (@GordStellick) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Leafs to break tradition, will retire Auston Matthews' No. 34 at Saturday's home opener against Boston.— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Martin St. Louis on Auston Matthews: "After I saw he scored one early I bought the NHL package so I could watch the game from Connecticut."— Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

What a way to start a career Auston Matthews! Going to enjoy watching you @MapleLeafs— Doug Gilmour (@douggilmour) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

I don't even know what to say. Just a treat to watch tonight @AM34— Tyler Seguin (@tseguinofficial) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

MY WIFE LEFT ME FOR MATTHEWS. #TMLtalk— Steve “Dangle” Glynn (@Steve_Dangle) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Tavares, who scored in his debut, on Matthews: "I thought I had a pretty good start to my career in my first game, but nothing tops that."— Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

And Rick Nash on Matthews' debut: "That's awesome. It's amazing all the coverage it's getting. For hockey in general it's a huge deal."— Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Legendary. @AM34— Marcus Stroman (@STR0) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Invalid Tweet ID

disco:
The best of twitter from last night's historic debut  ;D

Kaberle15:

--- Quote from: disco on October 13, 2016, 01:34:37 PM ---The best of twitter from last night's historic debut  ;D

--- End quote ---

Awesome, Thanks Disco!

Fletch:

--- Quote from: disco on October 12, 2016, 11:02:16 PM ---THE AUSTON MATTHEWS NO JABRONI— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 12, 2016
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You know you've made it when the Iron Sheik takes time out of his busy day to tweet about you.

disco:
Matthews says he's giving his first four goal pucks to his mom.— James Mirtle (@mirtle) October 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Low-key celebrations after the goals. Blames himself in the post-game interview for Sens' OT winner. Auston Matthews ladies and gentlemen: 19 going on 42.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version