Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Ukraine

(1/30) > >>

Highlander:
Thought it may be a good idea to start a thread on what is going on in Europe. Definitely scary stuff and very concerning about further escalation.  I don't believe a conventional war is possible when the nuclear option is at everyone's fingertips. My wife is from the UK and is freaking out over this.  I know we can't control this but it may be good to have an outlet for us to discuss our concerns.

princedpw:
Tragic. Unnecessary and unconscionable loss of life, destruction of property, impoverishment if people.

Dappleganger:

--- Quote from: Highlander on February 24, 2022, 12:36:49 PM ---Thought it may be a good idea to start a thread on what is going on in Europe. Definitely scary stuff and very concerning about further escalation.  I don't believe a conventional war is possible when the nuclear option is at everyone's fingertips. My wife is from the UK and is freaking out over this.  I know we can't control this but it may be good to have an outlet for us to discuss our concerns.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of nukes, Ukraine is the only country to give up their nuclear arsenal.

Highlander:
They just seized the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant, so under Russian Army control.  Anyone have any idea what Putin wants with that?

Nik:
So I know this may seem minor to some people but the country is Ukraine. Not "The" Ukraine. Referring to it as "the" Ukraine is something Russians do to de-emphasize its status as an independent nation rather than an area or region that belongs to Russia.

https://time.com/12597/the-ukraine-or-ukraine/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version