herman
Well-known member
We needed more of this exact sort of thing on the PP
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm not so sure about that but
His 34.3kmh skate up the ice to that goal while carrying a puck (which slows one down some) is currently 7th on the Leafs this season. Everyone's times are slower at the start of the season on NHL edge. That will probably change when the OT skating gets added tonight. It is not amazing or breathtaking and won't even be average by the end of the season. But I'm not ready to declare him a slug yet because I've seen it a few times this season.
He was only 94% in the faceoff dot. It helps if you don't have to face Claude Giroux 6 times (who is probably 2nd or close to it to Bergeron in faceoffs over the last number of years).
That is exactly what I think about the optional skates. He's probably doing weights to increase his strength on that ~164 lb body. Rest is almost as important as the training to repair the little micro tears in his muscles from training. As you say, rest is also important so he doesn't hit the 40 game wall too hard.
These are single game reads, and slightly differing models of interpreting the recorded metrics, but the picture painted is relatively consistent. Spread out the skill that was sheltered on the original L2 and make a more balanced top 9.
I like Hiller adjusting to the hot hands, other than curtailing McKenna even though he was really going offensively. Given how they're holding him off a lot of optional skates, I assume McKenna's on some sort of regiment for ramping up his strength and stamina over the course of the season so he doesn't crash into that 40 games played wall that kills the momentum of a lot of rookies.
We may be facing some sort of reckoning after the road trip. Hope not.
These are single game reads, and slightly differing models of interpreting the recorded metrics, but the picture painted is relatively consistent. Spread out the skill that was sheltered on the original L2 and make a more balanced top 9.
I like Hiller adjusting to the hot hands, other than curtailing McKenna even though he was really going offensively. Given how they're holding him off a lot of optional skates, I assume McKenna's on some sort of regiment for ramping up his strength and stamina over the course of the season so he doesn't crash into that 40 games played wall that kills the momentum of a lot of rookies.
Does anyone know what accounts for the discrepancy in Jake McCabe's game performance in the two statistical models above?
It is early. Up until this last game, their practice focus has been on defense. So I won't rush into it. But I do not think they did as much to address their defensive issues of last season. That is before they stepped onto a sheet of ice. I believe there is enough offensive talent on this roster to score. They jettisoned a bunch of minus players. We have our fingers crossed Bobrovsky can bounce back - tho his early numbers are very similar to last season ... Hopefully Stolarz can bounce back but he got lit up last night. We have one aged shutdown pair and set of 6 dmen that are not very physical. Top six have defensive lightweights Nylander, Rosolvic & McKenna. Bottom six the jury is out - I'm not very sure yet.It’s essentially still preseason in terms to getting their legs and brains going, on top a new system and play philosophy. Not time to panic about the luck based results, but they definitely need to bear down on process and make sure their execution rate hits a higher consistency.
Anna needs to work on her grammar.