Author Topic: Ovi signs 5-year contract extension  (Read 309 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Ovi signs 5-year contract extension
« on: July 27, 2021, 01:13:43 PM »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ovi signs 5-year contract extension
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 01:14:49 PM »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 01:14:49 PM »

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:16:55 PM »

Well, he didn't soak them.

Still, it's crazy to think what the difference is between what he would have earned over the course of his career without a cap and what he did actually earn. I'd guess the discrepancy to be in the 150 million-200 million ball park.
I wish to hell Iโ€™d never said "Winning isnโ€™t everything itโ€™s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then youโ€™ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Online louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Diamond Weapon
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »

This is also considering he missed a full rookie season because of the 2004-05 lockout, the partial season because of the 2012-13 lockout, and a pandemic year this year.  It's impressive.

Still - a 5 year contract for a 35 year old.  :o

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:38:59 PM »
Does this mean we're not trading for him?

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 08:47:42 AM »

I say he does it.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »

This is also considering he missed a full rookie season because of the 2004-05 lockout, the partial season because of the 2012-13 lockout, and a pandemic year this year.  It's impressive.

Still - a 5 year contract for a 35 year old.  :o
He's an absolute freak of nature. Although I do want to watch more Caps games to see if it's basically just the one-timer threat that he's got at this point.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 09:14:46 AM »
He's an absolute freak of nature. Although I do want to watch more Caps games to see if it's basically just the one-timer threat that he's got at this point.

The one-timer is definitely his biggest weapon right now, but he still has a great shot outside of that. He's not making a ton of slick, highlight reel type plays anymore, but he's not a one-trick pony, either.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 09:19:05 AM »

The one-timer is definitely his biggest weapon right now, but he still has a great shot outside of that. He's not making a ton of slick, highlight reel type plays anymore, but he's not a one-trick pony, either.
This makes it even more intriguing
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 09:24:55 AM »

And even if it was just his one-timer.  He has been doing it from the same spot for 16 seasons.  Teams gameplan around him and still can't stop it.  Barring an injury that hampers his shot I don't see how he doesn't stay effective for most of that contract even if he becomes more and more of a liability on the rest of the ice.