Author Topic: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs General Discussion  (Read 79962 times)

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs General Discussion
« Reply #1365 on: January 25, 2022, 05:49:58 PM »
I'll follow the tournament. I won't be setting a reminder to watch it, but I'll watch. I enjoy watching hockey. Whether it's the NHL , or a U13 AA game, if it's in front of me, I'll watch.

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 25, 2022, 07:32:16 PM »
I'll follow the tournament. I won't be setting a reminder to watch it, but I'll watch. I enjoy watching hockey. Whether it's the NHL , or a U13 AA game, if it's in front of me, I'll watch.
I take my son to go watch some GTHL AAA hockey. It's free and it's good. Brings me back to my playing days sooooo many years ago. The players are so good and would probably kick our butts.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1366 on: January 25, 2022, 07:32:16 PM »

Offline Iafrate

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 25, 2022, 08:37:00 PM »
Does anyone really care about this tourney any more?

I mostly didn’t care even when nhl players were going. But that seems to be a blasphemous thing to say.

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 25, 2022, 08:46:23 PM »
I take my son to go watch some GTHL AAA hockey. It's free and it's good. Brings me back to my playing days sooooo many years ago. The players are so good and would probably kick our butts.

We go to see the local university team from time-to-time. It's fun. Not free, but not very expensive either.

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 25, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »

We go to see the local university team from time-to-time. It's fun. Not free, but not very expensive either.
There's a lot of great local hockey to watch and enjoy. We also hit the Steelheads and Marlies from time to time.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 25, 2022, 11:41:04 PM »
Invalid Tweet IDI could’ve told you that, but I have no sources. He was earmarked as free top-6 insurance depth at the deadline the moment he signed the AHL deal. Bye Ritchie
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 26, 2022, 07:10:08 AM »

When my daughter plays in tournaments, I spend the whole day at the rink. They'll go about their day between games. Having lunch. resting. Whatever. I stay at the rink and watch whatever games are on. When I played I never wanted to "go back to the hotel" and I always wanted to stay after my game to watch the next one. It's especially nice now that all the rinks are 4-plex buildings. There's always something somewhat entertaining to watch. Now that I'm not coaching it's even better. I go upstairs at the Canlan, grab a beer and some lunch and watch hockey. Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 26, 2022, 09:54:55 AM »

When my daughter plays in tournaments, I spend the whole day at the rink. They'll go about their day between games. Having lunch. resting. Whatever. I stay at the rink and watch whatever games are on. When I played I never wanted to "go back to the hotel" and I always wanted to stay after my game to watch the next one. It's especially nice now that all the rinks are 4-plex buildings. There's always something somewhat entertaining to watch. Now that I'm not coaching it's even better. I go upstairs at the Canlan, grab a beer and some lunch and watch hockey. Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.
That's awesome. When doing the local stuff, I check the schedules and pick the teams I want to watch. We usually go to Iceland or Paramount to watch games and we've been to Canlan Etobicoke also. Love that you can go watch different games especially while the zamboni is on the ice lol. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to it soon enough.

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #1373 on: January 26, 2022, 11:43:26 AM »

I see 4-plex buildings and all I can think is we have one public rink in the whole island of Ireland and it’s almost 40 years old  ;D
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 26, 2022, 12:39:17 PM »
I see 4-plex buildings and all I can think is we have one public rink in the whole island of Ireland and it’s almost 40 years old  ;D

I have 5 public outdoor rinks (3 with hockey boards, 2 without) within a 10-minute walk of my house. haha.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 26, 2022, 02:04:01 PM »
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #1376 on: January 27, 2022, 01:26:08 PM »

I have 5 public outdoor rinks (3 with hockey boards, 2 without) within a 10-minute walk of my house. haha.

:'(

It’s funny just the difference in cultures!

We have with our only one rink managed to produce one Team GB international and we currently have 3 young guys of around 17/18 years old getting playing time with our professional team in the British Elite League so I think we’re somehow punching above our weight!
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 28, 2022, 03:34:52 PM »

Can... can he just do that?

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 28, 2022, 03:45:24 PM »
Wild Bill Nylander, new Head Coach of the Toronto Maple Loafs.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 28, 2022, 10:20:34 PM »
?t=pjbmxXVnfu4PYnl-Uc-Q5w&s=19
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender