Author Topic: Alex Pietrangelo signs with Las Vegas: 7 years 8.8M AAV  (Read 450 times)

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Alex Pietrangelo signs with Las Vegas: 7 years 8.8M AAV
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 01:40:21 PM »

Getting someone to actually sign the deal seems like a pretty good reason to increase your offer.

Not sure what the rush was, especially because they had to sell Schmidt up the creek at a significant loss as a result.

Yup. I don't see the rush. There was no mention of anyone else.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 01:44:51 PM »
Not sure what the rush was, especially because they had to sell Schmidt up the creek at a significant loss as a result.

Because in these situations it's one owner changing his mind and a 15 minute phone call and a deal can be signed elsewhere. If you can get pen to paper on the most sought after defenseman on the market I think most GMs probably wouldn't want to just sit around and hope things slide your way.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »

Because in these situations it's one owner changing his mind and a 15 minute phone call and a deal can be signed elsewhere. If you can get pen to paper on the most sought after defenseman on the market I think most GMs probably wouldn't want to just sit around and hope things slide your way.

100%. You need pen on paper and quickly.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 06:03:26 PM »

100%. You need pen on paper and quickly.
What is a "pen" and what is a "paper"?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 07:38:34 PM »

Getting someone to actually sign the deal seems like a pretty good reason to increase your offer.

Schmidt's Creek?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender