Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 11507 times)

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
Me too, but a nice thought.
Of course his parents would have 55" TV, game controls, cooler and bbq set up for Bobby. And a big down comforter so he doesn't get to cold at night and of course his bong will be all cleaned up for him.

Sure is a shame Bobby's grandparents voted all their lives to gut public education and health care so they could buy second homes and golf all day.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
OUCH! :o
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2020, 04:10:40 PM »
Of course his parents would have 55" TV, game controls, cooler and bbq set up for Bobby. And a big down comforter so he doesn't get to cold at night and of course his bong will be all cleaned up for him.

It's a clear result of the parenting motto of telling your kids "you can do and be whatever you want to be as long as you're happy! Here's a participation trophy!"

The biggest issue is it's not just kids acting like fools. There's people in every demographic acting foolishly. I've seen people gathered out on the lake ice fishing and partying. Their response: "It's not a big deal".....Sound familiar?

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2020, 04:51:02 PM »

It's a clear result of the parenting motto of telling your kids "you can do and be whatever you want to be as long as you're happy! Here's a participation trophy!"

The biggest issue is it's not just kids acting like fools. There's people in every demographic acting foolishly. I've seen people gathered out on the lake ice fishing and partying. Their response: "It's not a big deal".....Sound familiar?
But you must know that Coronavirus cannot survive on the ice!!! ;)
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
Disgracefully irresponsible dumbells:

He has since apologized, apparently.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/coronavirus-spring-break-instagram-apology-miami-video-viral

Also, this is the least surprising thing I've read about him:

high school graduate and Soundcloud rapper
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »

Offline Chris

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2020, 05:06:31 PM »
Disgracefully irresponsible dumbells:

He has since apologized, apparently.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/coronavirus-spring-break-instagram-apology-miami-video-viral

Also, this is the least surprising thing I've read about him:

high school graduate and Soundcloud rapper

OK with me as long as he's OK with being turned away from a hospital since, you know, he's OK with getting coronavirus. Save the bed for someone who gives a sh...

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2020, 07:51:15 PM »
I crochet custom feet warmers for poodles for a living. I guess I'm F'd.

<looks at essential business list>

Nope, I'm good.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2020, 08:15:41 PM »
My business has been deemed essential by the government.

I'll be expecting applause at 7pm for my contribution to the fight.

You can simply yell "Thank you Frank E" from your balcony. 

And you're welcome.  I serve proudly. 

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
Oh hey look.  Trump's FDA rushed through an application to grant Gilead exclusive rights to one of the drugs being trialed for treatment of COVID.  This is not a good thing for the world at large.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2020, 11:40:46 AM »
Oh hey look.  Trump's FDA rushed through an application to grant Gilead exclusive rights to one of the drugs being trialed for treatment of COVID.  This is not a good thing for the world at large.

Oh good, more croneyism.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/24/massive-scandal-trump-fda-grants-drug-company-exclusive-claim-promising-coronavirus

As The Intercept reported, the designation was given to a company where Joe Grogan, a member of President Donald Trump's "coronavirus task force," worked as a lobbyist from 2011 to 2017, often working on issues regarding drug pricing.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2020, 01:26:36 PM »

I really try hard not to present the people  I disagree with politically as being cartoonishly evil but the number of people out there right now arguing that we should be willing to accept thousands of deaths so that damage to a certain section of the economy(and, to be fair, just the financial sector) is contained is really making that hard to do.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2020, 03:40:39 PM »

I really try hard not to present the people  I disagree with politically as being cartoonishly evil but the number of people out there right now arguing that we should be willing to accept thousands of deaths so that damage to a certain section of the economy(and, to be fair, just the financial sector) is contained is really making that hard to do.

Yes, it's kind of tough to not picture them sitting with a cat like Dr. Claw

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2020, 03:59:42 PM »
It's really baffling to me that the guy is polling with a 60% approval rating on how he is handling COVID-19.   

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2020, 04:35:26 PM »

The stoic bravery of people who are willing to sacrifice other people's lives for their own personal benefit.
Supersize my Freedom Fries