Author Topic: Canucks @ Leafs - Feb. 29th, 7:00pm - CBC, TSN 1050  (Read 1431 times)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Canucks @ Leafs - Feb. 29th, 7:00pm - CBC, TSN 1050
« on: February 29, 2020, 12:48:35 AM »
@
34-23-6, 74 points | 34-23-8, 76 points

Projected Lines

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli
Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers

Demko

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Tavares-Spezza
Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Clifford-Gauthier

Dermott-Holl
Sandin-Barrie
Rosen-Marincin
Liljegren

Andersen

Scratches

Zach MacEwen
Jordie Benn

Denis Malgin   

Game Notes

VAN
•Demko (11-7-2, 3.08 GAA, .903 Sv%) will likely start for the Canucks
•Vancouver will be without the services of starter Jacob Markstrom for a little while. Markstrom was having a very good season so Demko will need to step his game up to keep Vancouver in a playoff spot. They're currently 2nd in the Pacific but things are very tight in the West
•Vancouver's acquisition of Tyler Toffoli had paid off pretty well so far. The forward has 4 goals and 6 points in 4 games with his new team

TOR
•Andersen (27-13-6, 2.98 GAA, .906 Sv%) will likely start for the Leafs
•Toronto is coming off back to back wins for the first time in a month. They're still just 4 points ahead of Florida for 3rd in the Atlantic with the Panthers having a game in hand
•Keefe went with 7 defencemen and 11 forwards on Thursday night. Saturday's line-up hasn't been confirmed but if Malgin does get back into the line-up Liljegren would be the likely candidate to sit as he played under 6 minutes and sat on the bench for the 2nd half of the game

Injuries

•Jacob Markstrom - Knee - Injured Reserve
•Brock Boeser - Ribs - Injured Reserve
•Josh Leivo - Knee - Injured Reserve
      •Michael Ferland - Concussion - Out for season

•Jake Muzzin - Hand - Injured Reserve
•Andreas Johnsson - Knee - Injured Reserve         
•Cody Ceci - Ankle - Injured Reserve
•Morgan Rielly - Foot - Injured Reserve
•Ilya Mikheyev - Wrist - Injured Reserve

Stream Options

Sportsurge.net

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Canucks @ Leafs - Feb. 29th, 7:00pm - CBC, TSN 1050
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »
Go Leafs! Hopfully they continue to show urgency tonight!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 08:02:56 AM »
Poll: Should I watch the game tonight

Yes:
No:
Don't even think about it:

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 09:08:59 AM »
I know we aren't playing constant back-to-back games but I really thought that Cambell would get into a game or two over this stretch.  Granted he really wasn't facing heavy hitter teams but it will be 3 weeks until his next likely start in our back-to-back on the West coast next week (I'm assuming he will get the LA Kings?)

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 09:10:52 AM »
Poll: Should I watch the game tonight

Yes:
No:
Don't even think about it:
Don't even think about it  :o ;D

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 09:31:24 AM »
I know we aren't playing constant back-to-back games but I really thought that Cambell would get into a game or two over this stretch.  Granted he really wasn't facing heavy hitter teams but it will be 3 weeks until his next likely start in our back-to-back on the West coast next week (I'm assuming he will get the LA Kings?)
Freddie isn't being taxed enough to worry about fatigue. I also suspect Keefe is trying to get him 100% back into it and feeling good after the injury. Keep in mind that in the 49 games he's started, he's only lost 13 in regulation, that's ranks him 23rd in the league for most losses while being 4th in games played and tied for 3rd in wins. I'm sure Jack will get the start against LA and will get some games down the stretch if we get any kind of separation from Florida. It is def tempting to play him more seeing he's 3-0-1 as a starter for us.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 09:38:54 AM »
Freddie isn't being taxed enough to worry about fatigue. I also suspect Keefe is trying to get him 100% back into it and feeling good after the injury. Keep in mind that in the 49 games he's started, he's only lost 13 in regulation, that's ranks him 23rd in the league for most losses while being 4th in games played and tied for 3rd in wins. I'm sure Jack will get the start against LA and will get some games down the stretch if we get any kind of separation from Florida. It is def tempting to play him more seeing he's 3-0-1 as a starter for us.

Yeah, I'm not really fussed about it at this time, just seems like we might have that competent backup finally.  His stretch was really against some awful teams though so we do need to be careful not to anoint him over shutting down Arizona and Ottawa.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 11:05:45 AM »
I like having 4th-RW being open for a little extra ice-time. Everyone can have an extra shift down there. And having 2nd-RW open affords Keefe an opportunity to rotate guys with Tavares and Nylander.

Go Leafs Go!

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »

Malgin in, Lily out. Kerfoot back on the wing too.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 11:12:55 AM »
Look at that goon line
#BeBlessed

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 11:44:09 AM »

Yeah, I'm not really fussed about it at this time, just seems like we might have that competent backup finally.  His stretch was really against some awful teams though so we do need to be careful not to anoint him over shutting down Arizona and Ottawa.

True, but the very first thing on the backup checklist is to deliver more wins than losses against those kind of teams, and do it without a bunch of drama.  He's done that, anyway, so far.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 11:44:48 AM »
Look at that goon line

Spezza will cleaning some canuckclocks tonite.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »
Looks like Engvall has been demoted a bit, he hasn't been playing as well of late. I wonder if he is a bit banged up.   Leafs 4-2.  or 6 goals will be scored.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 12:00:47 PM »
I like the idea of throwing Spezza into the top 6, maybe in place of Kerfoot, for occasional ozone shifts, and then symmetrically, Kerfoot back with Kappy and Clifford in the Dzone. Or maybe I really just want Spezza in the ozone all the time and never on d. The guy can really pass it.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 12:15:08 PM »
I'm going to use the NHL 19 game I played with my son last night as a predictor and make the call that John Tavares will score 3 goals tonight.  And also have 3 fights.  He lost all of them.
Supersize my Freedom Fries