Author Topic: Coyotes @ Leafs - Feb. 11th, 7:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Coyotes @ Leafs - Feb. 11th, 7:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2020, 09:51:15 PM »
You see, on a team built for speed I'd be very reluctant to deal Kapanen.  He may not have the greatest hockey sense all the time, but he also gives some pure juice plays like that that most guys simply cannot make.  He's dangerous like that on PKs too.

I generally lean toward trading Kapanen if someone needs to go but if Kerfoot is getting moved to the wing permanently I think that makes Johnsson the more expendable one.

Kerfoot is perhaps the most versatile of the three.  I'd like to keep both 18 and 24 but it's probably not to be.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »
No way they win that with Hutch in net

On a team with an iffy defense it helps to have a guy backing up who looks pretty economical in net.  Campbell fills the bill there, so far anyhow.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2020, 09:59:05 PM »

Upon further review, okay that call back is good
Arizona should still be a bit miffed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:02:43 PM by herman »
#BeBlessed

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm liking Campbell slightly better than Hutchinson

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm liking Campbell slightly better than Hutchinson
Slightly lol.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2020, 10:08:23 PM »
This win is dedicated to the ghost of lc9.
I could kiss you!

Did he get banned? Please tell me he got banned

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2020, 11:29:59 PM »

x2.  👍

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2020, 08:21:50 AM »

What a way to go out

Dubas has to find a trade partner for Kapanen.   He does the same thing every time.  Fly down the win and then turn back and usually make a bad pass and turns it over.

;D
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »

What a way to go out

Dubas has to find a trade partner for Kapanen.   He does the same thing every time.  Fly down the win and then turn back and usually make a bad pass and turns it over.

;D

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »

I really think these last two games were a perfect example of what we talk about with regards to confirmation bias and the way certain posters talk about the team.

On Saturday, the Leafs lost a low scoring game in Overtime after leading in the third. This was categorized by some of being indicative of a significant trend this season and seen as a real failing on the part of the Leafs.

Last night the Leafs won a low scoring game in Overtime after trailing in the 3rd. This has not been held up as a real testament to the team's resiliency and competitive spirit by those same posters.

If all you do is highlight and focus on when things go wrong, of course you're going to come to faulty conclusions like "The Leafs always do X" or "The Leafs giving up a point after leading is hurting them in the playoff race". To say nothing of making for interesting conversation by occasionally letting what happens in games inform your opinion rather than the reverse, it's just leading to monotonous and faulty analysis.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2020, 10:36:20 AM »

I really think these last two games were a perfect example of what we talk about with regards to confirmation bias and the way certain posters talk about the team.

On Saturday, the Leafs lost a low scoring game in Overtime after leading in the third. This was categorized by some of being indicative of a significant trend this season and seen as a real failing on the part of the Leafs.

Last night the Leafs won a low scoring game in Overtime after trailing in the 3rd. This has not been held up as a real testament to the team's resiliency and competitive spirit by those same posters.

If all you do is highlight and focus on when things go wrong, of course you're going to come to faulty conclusions like "The Leafs always do X" or "The Leafs giving up a point after leading is hurting them in the playoff race". To say nothing of making for interesting conversation by occasionally letting what happens in games inform your opinion rather than the reverse, it's just leading to monotonous and faulty analysis.

And my whole flu conspiracy is in the news now with reporters starting to mention that the flu is going through the team.  So I for one am impressed they got 5 of 6 points with multiple players under the weather.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2020, 10:40:55 AM »
And my whole flu conspiracy is in the news now with reporters starting to mention that the flu is going through the team.  So I for one am impressed they got 5 of 6 points with multiple players under the weather.

Your flu conspiracy? ??? I'm pretty sure it's My unnamed illness conspiracy. :P
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2020, 11:09:37 AM »

And it's irritating having to see it over and over. Like how does new information not come into play? Boston keeps losing to the Red Wings and we forget no team is perfect.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2020, 12:31:53 PM »

Your flu conspiracy? ??? I'm pretty sure it's My unnamed illness conspiracy. :P

I dunno, people thought I was suspicious about why hockey players get the flu more often than me so in guess it's classified as a conspiracy on my part.

\_(ツ)_/