Author Topic: 2020 Trade Deadline Activity  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Trade Deadline Activity
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
Do you think there is a chance they were holding Liljegren out because he might have been a part of a trade that they were trying to piece together?   It make sense that they would move a forward, but perhaps to a team trying to rebuild, they would want someone who is younger along with a pick.

Honestly, no. More and more I'm convinced that not doing anything was a vote of no confidence in this group and any significant moves will be made in the off-season when they can make complete conclusions about this season.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2020, 07:31:08 PM »
Do you think there is a chance they were holding Liljegren out because he might have been a part of a trade that they were trying to piece together?   It make sense that they would move a forward, but perhaps to a team trying to rebuild, they would want someone who is younger along with a pick.

Honestly, no. More and more I'm convinced that not doing anything was a vote of no confidence in this group and any significant moves will be made in the off-season when they can make complete conclusions about this season.

So to expand on what I meant was something along the lines of move Barrie for a pick and a prospect, and then move that pick, prospect, and Liljgren out for someone like Dumba.

The talk around Barrie was apparently pretty heavy Saturday and yesterday.  I think there was some fire there. 

As you say though, I could also see them looking at the loss on Saturday night and taking a step back and saying that as constructed right now, the team really doesn't have a chance of competing, so play out the season and then reassess in the summer when there are some more options available to them.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2020, 07:31:08 PM »