4 (66.7%)
Edmonton
0 (0%)
Florida
1 (16.7%)
St. Louis
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Taylor Hall Trade Watch  (Read 906 times)

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor Hall Trade Watch
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »
So, given that the team with Taylor Hall wins the draft lottery and NJ apparently holds Arizona's pick, I guess NJ is getting another #1 pick.

Arizona wisely put top 3 protection on the guaranteed 1st, just in case. (Though, could still become the #1 pick in 2021, if it gets pushed, or the conditional pick gets triggered, and the Coyotes bottom out)
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 05:04:57 PM »
Speaking of Arizona... Clayton Keller, who signed an 8-year, $7.15mil AAV extension in the offseason even though he still had a year left on his ELC, has just 23 points in 35 games. That's an 82-game pace of 53 points. Not exactly the offensive explosion that the Coyotes were hoping for.

Kessel only has 7 goals and 19 points in 35 games. That's 16 goals and 44 points over a full season. Also quite the letdown so far.

Granted that hasn't stopped them from being first in the Pacific so far this season. If Hall can get one (or both) of those guys going, look out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:06:33 PM by CarltonTheBear »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 05:04:57 PM »

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »
Hall-Keller-Kessel = fun?
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »
Meanwhile,
#BeBlessed

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »
Meanwhile,

Umm...

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »

The quality of this return tells me that the people saying Hall is definitely going to test the FA market are probably right and, to be honest, after being shuffled between Edmonton, New Jersey and Arizona could anyone blame him for wanting to choose his next home?
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2019, 06:22:07 PM »
Speaking of Arizona... Clayton Keller, who signed an 8-year, $7.15mil AAV extension in the offseason even though he still had a year left on his ELC, has just 23 points in 35 games. That's an 82-game pace of 53 points. Not exactly the offensive explosion that the Coyotes were hoping for.

Kessel only has 7 goals and 19 points in 35 games. That's 16 goals and 44 points over a full season. Also quite the letdown so far.

Granted that hasn't stopped them from being first in the Pacific so far this season. If Hall can get one (or both) of those guys going, look out.

I watch them alot. How they have won more than a couple of their last 10 is simply amazing. They are getting destroyed many nights but keep finding a way to win.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor Hall Trade Watch has Ended
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2019, 09:27:09 AM »
Even with 50% retained, AZ is 200k-ish short without a roster move.
Brayden Burke getting sent down ought to do it.

#BeBlessed

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2019, 09:47:22 AM »

The quality of this return tells me that the people saying Hall is definitely going to test the FA market are probably right and, to be honest, after being shuffled between Edmonton, New Jersey and Arizona could anyone blame him for wanting to choose his next home?

His next contract is going to be pretty interesting. Like you said, there's a good chance he'll want to live in a nice city because the ones he's been in so far haven't exactly been 5-star places. He'll also want a chance to win because his career is probably half way done and he's only played 5 playoff games. He'll also want to get paid because his last contract ended up being a pretty good discount. He'll also want term because of his injury history.

I'm not sure which team makes the most sense there. If it wasn't for his injury last year I could have seen him trying to pull a Hossa and signing a 1-year deal with a top contender for a shot at a Cup before going with a more long-term deal.

Offline Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2019, 09:57:03 AM »

His next contract is going to be pretty interesting. Like you said, there's a good chance he'll want to live in a nice city because the ones he's been in so far haven't exactly been 5-star places. He'll also want a chance to win because his career is probably half way done and he's only played 5 playoff games. He'll also want to get paid because his last contract ended up being a pretty good discount. He'll also want term because of his injury history.

I'm not sure which team makes the most sense there. If it wasn't for his injury last year I could have seen him trying to pull a Hossa and signing a 1-year deal with a top contender for a shot at a Cup before going with a more long-term deal.

I obviously don't know Taylor Hall but I think his best offer will come from Florida and tgat's a team on the rise in a decent place to live with tax benefits.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »

Maybe. But I also wonder if he may just look to take the most lucrative deal out there. If a team like Detroit or LA came at him with a dump truck full of a cash, who knows?
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2019, 12:04:04 PM »
?s=19
Supersize my Freedom Fries