Author Topic: Petan and Marincin are on waivers  (Read 629 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Petan and Marincin are on waivers
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »
I figure the Marlies are full of defencemen at the moment, and still have Duszak and Hollowell with the Growlers (hehe)...combine this with them wanting Sandin and Liljegren to be playing big minutes.  I don't think there is really a need for Marincin to be with the Marlies.

The Marlies have done a pretty good job so far balancing their defence group. They've used 8 defencemen and so far Liljegren is the only one to play all 11 games. The pairs have generally looked like this:

Sandin (7GP)-Liljegren (11GP)
Harpur (9)-Schmaltz (9)
Kivihalme (9)-Gravel (6)
Rubins (8 )-Lindgren (7)

Granted this was slightly easier earlier in the season when one of Sandin or Gravel were up with the Leafs for a bit. Rotating 9 guys on a consistent basis could be tougher. Maybe Rubins gets sent back to the ECHL where he spent most of last season. Or they could look to move Harpur to another AHL team that needs him. I doubt he's anywhere in the Leafs future plans.

Screw it.  Bring up 38 & 37, waive Ceci & Barrie, and let's get on with the future of the Leafs D.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 03:32:46 PM »
Screw it.  Bring up 38 & 37, waive Ceci & Barrie, and let's get on with the future of the Leafs D.

I know this was said somewhat in jest, but if Barrie's play doesn't improve by say January I wonder if the Leafs just admit that he wasn't a good fit and explore flipping him. I think that's more likely than Ceci being traded at this point.

Of course I'd much rather just see Barrie rebound.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 03:50:27 PM »

I know this was said somewhat in jest, but if Barrie's play doesn't improve by say January I wonder if the Leafs just admit that he wasn't a good fit and explore flipping him. I think that's more likely than Ceci being traded at this point.

He's on my shit list too.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 05:30:50 PM »

Don't you mean your crap list? ;)
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 11:23:42 PM »

Living in Toronto, I for one, don't want to take any more of Barrie's crap.

*Checks notes

Oh we're taking about the player...
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 06:25:14 PM »

Living in Toronto, I for one, don't want to take any more of Barrie's crap.

*Checks notes

Oh we're taking about the player...
There's an article on TSN today about Barrie.  It sounds like he's having a hard time adapting to Babcock's system.  Sounds too restrictive for his playing style.  Perhaps Babcock should unleash him.  What's been happening up until now hasn't been working at all for Barrie or the team.  Babcock is stubborn, arrogant, and pig headed though, isn't he?  I'm not saying he's not a good coach, only that he seems really set in his ways and he's a bit of a know it all.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »
Babcock is stubborn, arrogant, and pig headed though, isn't he?  I'm not saying he's not a good coach, only that he seems really set in his ways and he's a bit of a know it all.

So because an NHL can't adapt to a coaches system the coach is a pigheaded, arrogant, know it all?

I'm going to go find a brick wall to beat my head against.

Offline sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Babcock is stubborn, arrogant, and pig headed though, isn't he?  I'm not saying he's not a good coach, only that he seems really set in his ways and he's a bit of a know it all.

So because an NHL can't adapt to a coaches system the coach is a pigheaded, arrogant, know it all?

I'm going to go find a brick wall to beat my head against.
Do you have something wrong with you?  This is just one example of Babcock being this way.  Do you even follow the team?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »