Author Topic: Official Music Thread  (Read 48957 times)

Offline Manson

• Rookie
  • I make bad trades
    • View Profile
Re: Official Music Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »
My new band has an album coming out in November, and we filmed an actual music video for it recently.  It was a lot of fun - if you like punk/hardcore/weird music, this might be up your alley:

(I noticed the youtube embed doesn't work anymore, so here's a twitter posting. :P)

Hey man this is good. The vocals seem a bit off at first but then as you get into it, they fit well. The guys got a good voice. You guys have a unique sound. Watched My Life as a Cat too, I think that's you doin the lead vocals on that one...really good  cool shite man!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 07, 2019, 03:19:21 AM »
St.Louis Blues Ryan OReilly with The Ariels frontman Max Kerman:

Offline louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Treestar
« Reply #512 on: February 07, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »
My new band has an album coming out in November, and we filmed an actual music video for it recently.  It was a lot of fun - if you like punk/hardcore/weird music, this might be up your alley:

(I noticed the youtube embed doesn't work anymore, so here's a twitter posting. :P)

Hey man this is good. The vocals seem a bit off at first but then as you get into it, they fit well. The guys got a good voice. You guys have a unique sound. Watched My Life as a Cat too, I think that's you doin the lead vocals on that one...really good  cool shite man!

Thanks Manson!  Yeah, I'm the singer in the clip above (although I'm not sure I'd call what I'd do singing  :P).  Your kind words mean a lot!

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 10, 2019, 06:13:13 PM »
Speaking of music and hockey, this story is a bit unusual:  Ariana Grande a puck magnet in her younger years...kudos to her though for being pretty resilient in these circumstances.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ariana-grande-no-longer-fan-hockey-wed-completely-understand-045042058.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:23:18 PM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2019, 05:57:33 AM »
Hometown boy Drake wins Grammy and tells what he wants from T.O. & Mayor Tory:  paint the town gold

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #515 on: March 04, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »
Keith Flint of The Prodigy, dead at 49, seemingly a suicide

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/the-prodigys-keith-flint-dead-at-49

Very sad
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 04, 2019, 09:01:39 AM »
Keith Flint of The Prodigy, dead at 49, seemingly a suicide

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/the-prodigys-keith-flint-dead-at-49

Very sad

Didn't listen to them a lot but they were huge in my childhood in 1995-98. What a shame, they had a bit of a comeback a few years ago.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2019, 07:13:10 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »
Gloria in all her glory-ia!

Dont know how many here are familiar with it, but I remember the late Laura Branigan and that song.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:04 PM »
Gloria in all her glory-ia!

Dont know how many here are familiar with it, but I remember the late Laura Branigan and that song.

Laura Branigan is dead?  I prefer the original by Umberto Tozzi

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 16, 2019, 07:19:39 AM »
Laura Branigan passed away in 2004 at the age of 52 of a "ventricular brain aneurysm".  She obviously never sought medical attention for her severe recurring headaches.
Her death was unbeknownst to most people,  but thanks to the St.Louis Blues...

Gloria" reappeared on the iTunes singles chart thanks to the trend, going to number 3 after the Blues won the Stanley Cup. The song's resurgence in popularity has led to Branigan's management getting numerous requests for live performances and public appearances, leading them to release a statement reminding the public that Branigan is deceased, as well as adding a note about this to her social media accounts.

Italian singer Umberto Tozzi released "Gloria" in 1979.
With permission and collaboration from Tozzi, the lyrics and music were tweaked, overhauled, and the rest is history.

Gloria", an Italian love song recorded in 1979 by Umberto Tozzi and successful in several European countries, was released as the album's second single. Branigan's version was reworked with Tozzi's own arranger, Greg Mathieson, who updated its production with fellow producer Jack White to give it what Branigan called "an American kick" to match the new English lyrics. U.S. radio stations were initially unreceptive to "Gloria" but after it was embraced by dance clubs it eventually won them over, becoming one of the biggest hits of the 1980s. The album went gold, and the single was eventually certified platinum (sales of more than two million U.S. copies.

Source:  Wikipedia

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 16, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »

I don't really get the seemingly ironic appreciation of cheesy 80's stuff that seems to be running through hockey right now. Seems pretty hipster-ish to me in the least appealing way. I guess it's better than the super bro-y Jock Jams vibe the sport used to have but that at least seemed honest.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 24, 2019, 09:10:16 AM »
Raptors coach No CD Nurse & The Arkells...

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #522 on: June 24, 2019, 09:10:16 AM »